Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Best time to ‘scrub?’

Never.

Exfoliation is over-rated & damaging skin.

Again, I repeat.

Every week...of never. 

Honored Contributor

Everyone's skin is different, of course, but I never use a scrub.  However, I use a pore extractor once a week, even during the hot, sun-screened, summer months.  My skin loves it (silky smooth) and I never have build-up of anything.

Honored Contributor

I use an acid peel pad in the mornings to exfoliate. Scrubs (manual ones with seeds, etc.) would leave my face somewhat pink before my serums and tinted moisturizer.

However, at night, I do a thorough cleanse w/ my Clarisonic and oil cleanser to remove any makeup and especially spf which sticks to the skin like glue. Retin A is my night time exfoliant. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Best time to Scrub

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox 

Do whatever you think is right for your skin. Weekly use Josie's facial scrub in the shower and ordered her sugar scrub for my body this past weekend. Clarisonic, love!  not exfoliating purposes and campanelli facial towels. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   When you go inside I would wash my face.  Like one poster said earlier use a gentle exfoliator too then wipe clean and moisturize.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   I use an exfoliating cleanser every night, then apply my serums, etc.  I actually have 3 that I alternate.  Before I started doing this, I still had problems with cystic acne, all the way into my 60's.  Once I started unclogging my pores with exfoliation, my acne problem completely disappeared and my skin looks so much smoother and younger.  Too bad I didn't discover it sooner!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I mix a bit of a scrub in with my cleanser nightly to remove makeup. 

Trusted Contributor

For me because my skin is super oily, St Ives apricot scrub once a week.

Honored Contributor

I amthe OP and I fear I might of worded the question wrong.

I am in the sun on the weekend, should I scrub then or should I wait a day or two

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

For me, I use a scrub about 3 times a week.  My esthetician recommends this.