Valued Contributor

Best remover for facial sun ( age ) spots

I am 75 and have combination skin. I have a couple of age spots on my face. Any suggestions re: a good spot remover? I already use a Paula's Choice 2 % BHA exfoliator and use IT cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

Re: Best remover for facial sun ( age ) spots

Look on evine dot com for Skinn Bright Side Serum and/or Skinn Bright Side Spot Corrector.  These are great products that will lighten without using hyrdoquinone.   I used to think hydroquinone products were OK, but according to Dimitri, that's not a very good ingredient for your skin and it's banned in other countries.  He's come up with a different/better way.  I usethe serum everyday.  

Trusted Contributor

Vitamin C

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Occasional Contributor

Lemon juice

Frequent Contributor

Ponds makes something. Another poster showed a before and after and the difference was very impressive. It comes in a pink and white jar and should be used twice a day. It takes a month to work. The Ponds website will tell you the exact name. I'm sorry I can't remember it.
Honored Contributor

I peel  them off with wart remover.........but I am NOT recommending this method.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venus Envy wrote:
Ponds makes something. Another poster showed a before and after and the difference was very impressive. It comes in a pink and white jar and should be used twice a day. It takes a month to work. The Ponds website will tell you the exact name. I'm sorry I can't remember it.

Pond's Clarant B3. Two formulas - normal to dry and normal to oily

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I also use Wart remover which is 17% salicylic acid. I only do the spots and the gel will dry into a film. I remove the film after it's dried for about half an hour with nail polish remover. The spot will turn brown and peel in a week or so and leave the skin pink which will fade in a month.. You must do a test patch ie. Do only one spot first to see how your skin reacts. I only do these spot peels in fall and winter as the sun is too strong in summer as the peeled skin can repigment easily. If you want to re-peel a spot wait at least a month before re-peeling it.
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:
Yes, I also use Wart remover which is 17% salicylic acid. I only do the spots and the gel will dry into a film. I remove the film after it's dried for about half an hour with nail polish remover. The spot will turn brown and peel in a week or so and leave the skin pink which will fade in a month.. You must do a test patch ie. Do only one spot first to see how your skin reacts. I only do these spot peels in fall and winter as the sun is too strong in summer as the peeled skin can repigment easily. If you want to re-peel a spot wait at least a month before re-peeling it.

My "method" is practically the same.........only I leave the film on overnight, and then pick (or roll) it off in the morning.    My hesitation in recommending it would be the "burn".......may be way too much for a person with sensitive skin.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Hydroquinone is a skin lighter.  Since you use Paula's Choice product, try her AHA or BHA skin lighter.  Last day for free shipping.  It has 2% in it.  It does take take for it to work.  Or go to Walmart and purchase Ambi 2% skin lightener for about $5.  I saw the dermatologist this week and he prescribed 6% hydroquinone, .025 retin-a and 2% kojic. It was filled at a  compounding pharmacy for $35 and the derm. gave me a $10 off coupon.  It is 30 grams of product.