Honored Contributor

Re: Best non-greasy body moisturizer recommendations

@MarcyG72 wrote:

Unscented Alba Very Emollient Body Lotion - Unscented Original- 32oz - image 1 of 3

Alba lotion

Another vote for Alba! I love this lotion because it works and it's very affordable. Their ingredients are stuff I don't mind putting on my skin and I feel good about that. This lotion comes in a 'Maximum' version also...slightly more emollient with a touch of AHA, that's the one I use mostly.

Respected Contributor

I love Philosophy body lotion for everyday use. I put it on after my shower. It absorbs quickly and isn’t greasy. I use L’Occitane Shea body butter after shaving my legs. It is a little bit greasy, but keeps my legs feeling nice after shaving them. 

Respected Contributor

I have tried all kinds of body butters that peopel mentioned: First Aid Beauty, Beekman, Perlier, Josie Maran, Cerave...etc, but my new found favorite is Trader Joes Coconut Body Butter.  I feel that it is as good as any of the luxury body butters that I tried at a fraction of the cost.  I also like Sam's Nature Well Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Cream.. It is also supurb.  For high end, I recommend Beekman or First Aid Beauty. But I like the Trader Joe or Sam's ones just as much.  

Respected Contributor

Once you look at all of the suggestions here on this board, you will have to do a test run to see what works for you. I love Wen and Josie's body creams. Other people complain that Josie is too greasy. I don't like Beekman or First Aid Beauty but many people do. So it will all depend on how your skin responds to these products. Both of those creams absorb very well for me but I have very dry skin. Korres is nice but I just can't get it to absorb. Beekman and First Aid aren't hydrating enought for me. 

Frequent Contributor

@Glorimar 

I have very dry skin and have found an unscented lotion I have used exclusively for the past eight years. It’s from Avon! It’s the only Avon product I use. It’s called Avon Moisture Therapy Lotion. It comes in three versions. I use the Intensive Healing and Repair. They also have one called Daily something. I wish I could recall the exact name. I buy on line. I get the largest size when on sale. It’s 33.8 ounces in a pump bottle. I paid $12 for a bottle the last time I ordered. I’m frequently in the hospital and all of the staff comment about my soft skin! It is a great product! It might be what you are looking for in a lotion.

Trusted Contributor

I have extremely sensitive skin and find Perlier's Golden Almond the absolute best for me.  Good Luck with your search.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor Hi! Yes, the body butter absorbs faster on dry skin, I agree....My body skin is not that dry & it works well for me but it does take longer to absorb & I don't need alot of product. This summer heat in Florida has been brutal so I have been wearing more of her Divine Drip for the body.

Respected Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Tricolor Hi! Yes, the body butter absorbs faster on dry skin, I agree....My body skin is not that dry & it works well for me but it does take longer to absorb & I don't need alot of product. This summer heat in Florida has been brutal so I have been wearing more of her Divine Drip for the body.

Glad that the Divine Drip is workiing for you. I do use the DD on my face but when the weather gets colder up here in PA, I need her body butter. You know we are all different and living in different parts of the country. When someone asks a blanket statement as to what is the best skincare, it is dependent on many factors. Woman Wink