Regular Contributor

Best non-greasy body moisturizer recommendations

I'm 48 and want to start taking care of the skin on my body. I've realized I've not thought about that as I've been focused on my face and decolalte area. I'm curious about Josie Maran's body butters or argan milk? But I'm open to any brad for recommendations and prefer something unscented. My must have is that it's non-greasy/oily and absorbs quickly into the skin. Thank you in advance ladies. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Best non-greasy body moisturizer recommendations

First Aid Beauty is my favorite moisturizer for my body. It works great on my dry, itchy skin during the winter time and I like that it doesn't feel greasy at all. I found a good set here on the Q when they had a TSV. I tried the scented versions and prefers the unscented. 

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar 

Korres has a body butter spray. It is quickly absorbed. I used it during the hot, humid Florida summer.

I have also found that using less moisturizer than I think I need helps. Slathering on product is not good but using a tiny amount at a time and adding a bit more of needed allows most moisturizers I have tried to be absorbed.

I also like First Aid. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Glorimar  I like Out of Africia almond body lotion.  It smells very clean and fresh.  It's $6.48, I believe for 9.5 oz.  I buy at iherb.com  It's cruelty free and proceeds go to educate and give medicine to women and children in parts of Africa.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Unscented Alba Very Emollient Body Lotion - Unscented Original- 32oz - image 1 of 3

Alba lotion

Honored Contributor

I like Kiehl's Creme de Corps...It's a yellow lotion (avail. in a huge pumper size a few times a year) & not greasy. It, or any body moisturizer, just like your face, works best if you exfoliate first. I use a loofah in the shower, apply my lotion while still wet/damp and blot dry. 

A less expensive option is Cerave in a tub...thicker than the lotion version.

Super Contributor

I have used Josie Marans whipped body butter for a few years, also First Aid Beauty, but neither one of them even come close to how wonderful Beekman1802 whipped body creme is.  I love it.  The scents are wonderful, and it is NOT greasy like Josies is.  First Aid Beauty is great for bad cuticles and feet.

Esteemed Contributor

Aveeno

Honored Contributor

I can't stand "goop" and it's cold as well!

Frequent Contributor

I would highly recommend Josie Maran’s body butter. Some of the scents are artificial or chemical smelling. I just got the unscented and it gets the job done without knocking you over. Less is definitely more here. . . to avoid your skin being greasy.

Tied for second choice is Philosoph’s Amazing Grace firming body emulsion. There are several scents. Be careful as some are just body lotion and some are the firming body emulsion. The lotion is not bad, but I prefer the emulsion, and I think you would, too based on what you said you are looking for.