New Contributor

I've never had any facial skin problems before and never really used anything on my face with the exception of minimal make up and make up remover.

Last winter,  my forehead was really dry and flaky.  Makeup looked horrible and I eventually had to stop wearing it. I picked up a few moisturizers from Target over the course of the winter, but nothing helped.

Now, in September, the flaking is already happening!  I need a moisturizer that will help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd like to keep it under $50.  

Super Contributor

I use Nuetrogena Oil Free moisturizer in combination skin.

Respected Contributor

I use CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (Target)

or Skin Medica Daily Moisturizer that I get on-line at The Derm Store

I have dry skin with a blemish prone nose.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

Don't forget to exfoliate to help with the flakiness. Cetaphil cream at night should help. 

Valued Contributor

Exfoliate really well. I use Luminos by Keys. Love it! 

Super Contributor

Another vote for Cerave. I use the PM one for morning and night since it doesn't have a sunscreen in it. The AM does, but my foundation already has a sunscreen. I use lots of their products and am seeing great results!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best moisturizer?

[ Edited ]

@leighagemini wrote:

I use Nuetrogena Oil Free moisturizer in combination skin.

@leighagemini...I have been trying some of their products over the past several months and really love them...Their "Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser" and "Healthy Skin Enhancer" are a couple of my favorites.

@jmarie83...A vote for CeraVe also...another good line to try.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

Re: Best moisturizer?

[ Edited ]

CeraVe, all of their moisturizers work and their light blue bottle/jar or the renewing one has salicylic acid in it which is really good at taking off those flakes. My tried and true is Clinique Dramatic different lotion. Exfoliating with a chemical exfoliat also works in getting off that dead skin so the moisturizer can work better. 

Esteemed Contributor
I would look into a good exfoliater first. Then your moosturizer you have may work slot better.
Esteemed Contributor

I have had the best results with Dr. Denese skin care. I wouls start with the Dream Cream because you can use that am & pm.  I ususally wait until she has the super silze and it's on sale or easy pay. check her website because she has sales 20% (I think). I hope you have the same good luck that I've had.