Respected Contributor

Re: Best mascara for THICKNESS not length; suggestions?

TooFaced Better Than Secks (can't spell the real word). I've been using this w/the Dior Primer and really like it for volume.

Respected Contributor

I think you can say "Better Than Sex" now.

Respected Contributor

L'Oreal Luminous in Carbon Black would be my suggestion.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Used it a long time, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara.

Great Lash doesn't do anything for me.

Frequent Contributor

I highly recommend the Loreal Voluminous used with the new Loreal primer (white tube). Packs quite a punch together!
Respected Contributor

Since the Mally mascara formulation was changed by the new owners, I read several posts and have been trying two recommended brands.

@author, @tried, and @@snoop:

Today I returned the Lancôme Hypnose Drama because by afternoon, there were black specks under my eyes and my eyes were irritated from the specks that accumulated there.  ( I didn't double coat the lashes. ). I exchanged it for the regular best seller, Defincils.

@maestra@Mellie32:

The Better than Sex mascara that I got at Ulta was returned for clumping and dropping specks under the eyes.

Everyone experiences products differently.  

It is extremely frustrating when tried and true products are " improved " negatively by the new owner company.  Not looking forward to replacing the  IT CC  foundation when that gets " improved ".

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

The Better Than Sex smudged on me too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam  Do you use an eyelash primer?  The reason I'm asking is because I find most (if not all) mascaras add length to my lashes, and I know you mentioned you don't want a mascara that adds length.  So a primer might help with the volume you're looking for.  

Otherwise, I like Urban Decay Perversion Mascara for volume, but the product description states it also adds length.  I haven't noticed it adding much length to my lashes, but I don't go over my lashes several times when applying.  I mainly first use Benefit Tinted Lash Primer, which does add length to my lashes, but I'm not sure if all lash primers add length.  I then follow up with Urban Decay Perversion Mascara to add volume and darkness (the Benefit Primer is a Mink Brown color).  For me the pairing works.  Although you're not asking about primers, I really love Benefit's Tinted  Lash Primer.  I sometimes just wear it on its own, if I want a really natural look, but it also gives me the bit of color my lashes need.

Edited to add:  Sephora has a travel size Urban Decay Perversion Mascara for $10, if you want to give it a try without spending a lot.  HTH !  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

I am done with high end mascara . The only one I liked was the two faced. So I went back to Loreal. I use the telescopic because I want to add length then the volumous over it. High end mascara always lets me down. Most are two wet and I make a mess with them.
Honored Contributor

I've switched over to using a lot of Pacifica products....lots of integrity (vegan, cruelty free, great ingredients).  I bought their mascara because I read a great review and have sensitive eyes from mascara and frequently black flakes or raccoon eyes.  Nope,,,,no more since using Pacifica brand ...ohhhh, and very reasonably priced!