New Contributor

I’ve been applying castor oil, the No 7 Lash Impact Serum, and Petroleum Jelly. I also try to take biotin everyday but some days I forget. Any tips???

Trusted Contributor

Re: Best lash growth advice?

[ Edited ]

@BettyMahoney wrote:

I’ve been applying castor oil, the No 7 Lash Impact Serum, and Petroleum Jelly. I also try to take biotin everyday but some days I forget. Any tips???

Hi Betty,

It sounds like you're already doing the things that I would have recommended trying. It can take time for any of these things to work.

I also take Biotin, and for example, it took many months before I started to see any results from it. I started at a lower dose with my doctor's o.k., and then I worked my way up to the highest dose that can be taken, of 10,000 mcg. a day.

I noticed that it helped my hair and eyebrows first, before noticing that my lashes seemed longer, too.

It has taken a couple of years to get to this point in time, to where everything is better and has filled out to where it is, but it's not perfect, by any means. We're all different and our results will be different for us.

Also, I have chronic health issues that I'm dealing with, and medication issues too that I also personally believe have affected hair thinning as well. 

Anyway, I would personally just give everything a chance to really work, before you start to see any results. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@BettyMahoney I'm no expert - but why petroleum jelly?  I would think that could hinder growth, it tends to block pores, its base is petroleum.

Perhaps an oil, argan or squaline?  Tjoes has a great organic argan that's very inexpensive.  

Regular Contributor

Rodan and Fields Lash Serum.  Works wonders.  In fact I tried it expecting nothing, but I was amazed.  I also use it on my sparse brows and they are slowly filling in. A bit pricey, but it works.

Super Contributor

I personally do not use it but my friend uses Rhodon and Fields.  I actually asked her was she wearing false lashes!  She has been using it a year.  I bought some cheaper--Grande--I think?  Been using about a month and cannot see any great change.  Wish the R & F wasn't so high!!

Respected Contributor

Use Grandelash available on their website, Amazon, etc.  I also use their Grandebrow.  For any of these products, it can take 3-4 months to see noticeable growth, and then all of a sudden, boom!  The residual lash product that I apply to my upper lash line moves down to my lower lash line while I sleep, and I now have a few lower lashes--something I haven't had in a long time.  I got my hairdresser turned on to it, too, and she has had amazing growth.  Just one swipe per upper lash line does the trick.  Use every night until lashes are as long as you wnat them (or as long as they'll grow), and then you can back off to every other night.

Respected Contributor

Rodan & Fields is great, but it is $$. Very occaisonally they run a special.

I couldn't make myself spend the money, so I got Neulash last year at the Nordstrom anniversary sale.

I think I like it just as well. It does take about 6 weeks to see the change.

I am out now & I hope they do the deal, again, this year at the sale in August.

Honored Contributor

The best thing I ever used was RapidLash BEFORE they changed their formulation and removed the active ingredient.

I use GrandeBrow on my brows and it helps somewhat.  The one thing I like about it more than growing new hair is that my brows have turned back dark from gray.  Not he skin beneath them, which can be a side effect of any product that uses a prostaglandin, but the actual brow hairs.

I'm currently using Careprost on my lashes but the results have just been meh.  I may go back to the GrandLash when I use up what I have although it's pricier, but not as pricy as the R&F.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BettyMahoney 

There was a time when most of my lashes ended up on my cheeks.  Then I stopped using waterproof mascara and switched to a washable formula.  I've been using Maybelline's Full 'N Soft for years and it keeps lashes off my cheeks.

Made all the difference.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Use Grandelash available on their website, Amazon, etc.  I also use their Grandebrow.  For any of these products, it can take 3-4 months to see noticeable growth, and then all of a sudden, boom!  The residual lash product that I apply to my upper lash line moves down to my lower lash line while I sleep, and I now have a few lower lashes--something I haven't had in a long time.  I got my hairdresser turned on to it, too, and she has had amazing growth.  Just one swipe per upper lash line does the trick.  Use every night until lashes are as long as you wnat them (or as long as they'll grow), and then you can back off to every other night.

I second the rec for Grande Lash and Grande Brow.  I've tried a bunch of others including Latisse and these work the best.  They aren't cheap, but they're worth it.  Sometimes you can find a set containing a tube of both for a decent price.