Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,278
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Best lash growth advice?

I just ordered the Grandelash after reading the replies here.  I looked online and seems this one is popular and gets good reviews.   I ordered the larger size, 4 ml for $51.  I use to use Rapidlash before they changed ingredients and I did see some added length.   I hope Grandelash is better.  My daughter uses Latisse and I thought she had false lashes on.  Grandelash has the same ingredients with added supplements for a much lower price.   Glad I saw this post🙂

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,866
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Best lash growth advice?

I had pretty good results with the Consult Beaute Copperum 29 product but now I have such a bad taste in my mouth regarding The DuBrows that I refuse to buy it anymore. I’ve been using Younique’s Lash Serum for several weeks and it’s working well for me.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 957
Registered: ‎10-25-2016

Re: Best lash growth advice?


@Jtdmum wrote:

@BettyMahoney I'm no expert - but why petroleum jelly?  I would think that could hinder growth, it tends to block pores, its base is petroleum.

 

Perhaps an oil, argan or squaline?  Tjoes has a great organic argan that's very inexpensive.  


Hi @Jtdmum ,

 

If I may kindly jump in and answer the question about using petroleum jelly on eyelashes?

 

I think that some ladies find it to be conditioning.

 

I had a girlfriend that would apply it to her eyelashes years and years ago, way back when we were teenagers for this very reason--as a conditioner for her lashes. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,210
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Best lash growth advice?


@Shelbelle wrote:

Just beware of Rapidbrow, tried it and turnd all the skin under my brows to a deep shade of charcoal grey. 


@Shelbelle That is a possible side effect of ANY product that uses a prostaglandin as the active ingredient including Latisse.  Darkened skin at the site of application and the possibility of changing your eye color to brown, permanently.  Not sure if the darkened skin is also permanent.  So, that basically means they are the side effects of any product that actually works.  

 

The reason RapidLash changed their formula was because the FDA went after them for having an ingredient that closely resembled the active ingredient in Latisse.  I'm not sure why they caved when so many other companies are also using prostaglandins (including GrandeLash & Rodan & Fields) and it doesn't appear the FDA is going after them.  Since they removed that ingredient from RapidLash, I'm sure they have done the same with RapidBrow.  They are now no longer marketed as hair growth products but as lash & brow conditioning products.

 

I really wish RapdiLash hadn't caved.  It worked better for me than either GrandeLash or Careprost which is supposed to be a generic version of Latisse.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,003
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: Best lash growth advice?


@BettyMahoney wrote:

I’ve been applying castor oil, the No 7 Lash Impact Serum, and Petroleum Jelly. I also try to take biotin everyday but some days I forget. Any tips???


 

@BettyMahoney   Most lash serums, especially the expensive ones like Grande Lash, RevitaLash, etc., need continued use or they stop working. Lash growth progress can also be lost. I've been using castor oil on a disposable mascara wand for about a year. I see less breakage and some increase in thickness. Mostly, my lashes are conditioned. 

***In the morning, if applying mascara, be sure to use an eye makeup remover to be sure all oils are removed from any lash growth products or mascara will run under the eyes. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,210
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Best lash growth advice?


@Shanus wrote:

@BettyMahoney wrote:

I’ve been applying castor oil, the No 7 Lash Impact Serum, and Petroleum Jelly. I also try to take biotin everyday but some days I forget. Any tips???


 

@BettyMahoney   Most lash serums, especially the expensive ones like Grande Lash, RevitaLash, etc., need continued use or they stop working. Lash growth progress can also be lost. I've been using castor oil on a disposable mascara wand for about a year. I see less breakage and some increase in thickness. Mostly, my lashes are conditioned. 


@Shanus the same is true of most any beauty product including the castor oil you're using.  The conditioning benefit will go away as soon as you stop using it.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,187
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Best lash growth advice?

Just a side note to remember, once you start using something and you get results you must continue or your lashes will go back to where they were.

Think of it like Rogain for your hair, you must use it forever once you start or if you stop your hair will start to come out again.

It's something you much continue, I just wanted to mention that.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,003
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: Best lash growth advice?


@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@BettyMahoney wrote:

I’ve been applying castor oil, the No 7 Lash Impact Serum, and Petroleum Jelly. I also try to take biotin everyday but some days I forget. Any tips???


 

@BettyMahoney   Most lash serums, especially the expensive ones like Grande Lash, RevitaLash, etc., need continued use or they stop working. Lash growth progress can also be lost. I've been using castor oil on a disposable mascara wand for about a year. I see less breakage and some increase in thickness. Mostly, my lashes are conditioned. 


@Shanus the same is true of most any beauty product including the castor oil you're using.  The conditioning benefit will go away as soon as you stop using it.  



@Icegoddess   ....but castor oil's very inexpensive. Some of the other serums are not. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,210
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Best lash growth advice?


@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@BettyMahoney wrote:

I’ve been applying castor oil, the No 7 Lash Impact Serum, and Petroleum Jelly. I also try to take biotin everyday but some days I forget. Any tips???


 

@BettyMahoney   Most lash serums, especially the expensive ones like Grande Lash, RevitaLash, etc., need continued use or they stop working. Lash growth progress can also be lost. I've been using castor oil on a disposable mascara wand for about a year. I see less breakage and some increase in thickness. Mostly, my lashes are conditioned. 


@Shanus the same is true of most any beauty product including the castor oil you're using.  The conditioning benefit will go away as soon as you stop using it.  



@Icegoddess   ....but castor oil's very inexpensive. Some of the other serums are not. 


@Shanus castor oil doesn't grow my lashes any longer though.  I'm not a fan of how thick it is either.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,290
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Best lash growth advice?


@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Just beware of Rapidbrow, tried it and turnd all the skin under my brows to a deep shade of charcoal grey. 


@Shelbelle That is a possible side effect of ANY product that uses a prostaglandin as the active ingredient including Latisse.  Darkened skin at the site of application and the possibility of changing your eye color to brown, permanently.  Not sure if the darkened skin is also permanent.  So, that basically means they are the side effects of any product that actually works.  

 

The reason RapidLash changed their formula was because the FDA went after them for having an ingredient that closely resembled the active ingredient in Latisse.  I'm not sure why they caved when so many other companies are also using prostaglandins (including GrandeLash & Rodan & Fields) and it doesn't appear the FDA is going after them.  Since they removed that ingredient from RapidLash, I'm sure they have done the same with RapidBrow.  They are now no longer marketed as hair growth products but as lash & brow conditioning products.

 

I really wish RapdiLash hadn't caved.  It worked better for me than either GrandeLash or Careprost which is supposed to be a generic version of Latisse.  


This is why I now use Isomers, fairly decent results with no chance of the skin darkening happening again, been almost 2 years now and still not 100% normal yet.