Honored Contributor

Re: Best high end foundations

@weezer111 

What an incredibly kind thing for you to say, thank you.  I will take that compliment😊

I enjoyed getting to know all the nursing staff that we're in and out and in and out and then and out of my room 38 times a day LOL.  I would ask them what country they were from and how old were they when they knew they wanted to be a nurse. And did anyone Inspire them to want to get into nursing.  One of my nurses was from the Philippines but looked more Japanese. We talked about K/J Beauty.  Most of her skin care is from the brand Innisfree.  

Valued Contributor

@monicakm  Rest well tonight, baby yourself and take good care.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@jobiz 

It is if you have a dry complexion. That's why I stopped using it several years ago. It's a beautiful foundation unless you're dry.

@monicakm Why are you still so dry after all the good skin care you use? Are you still loving the NARS Radiance?

Trusted Contributor

@On It wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

My two favorite foundations are Nars and Lancome.

It is good to see your post. Hope you are recovering nicely.

Of course you know my response to this question is Chantecaille Future Skin. It makes my dry, sensitive skin look dewy and flawless.

@On It I've been wanting to try this one for awhile now. I take it you think it's worth the price?

Honored Contributor

The Skin Care works great. I wasn't using this amount and type of skin care back when I was wearing Estee Lauder Foundation.

I have the Nars light reflecting Foundation. Lantern and Nars are my favorites.

Respected Contributor

@LuvSoCal Chantecaille Future Skin is the best foundation I have ever used for my skin which is dry and sensitive. Nothing else gives me the same flawless look.

If you want to try it, Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus should have tester units. Hopefully, there is one in your area. There is a Chantecaille web site if you do not have a local store.

Honored Contributor

For me, it is either Armani Luminous Silk or Nars Sheer Glow.  And now, I can't get either locally.  My local Sephora never carried the Armani and now they have stopped carrying the Nars Sheer Glow.  I tried the Nars Light Reflecting one and felt it made me look harsh when I compared pics side by side. 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm Wishing you a speedy recovery........always enjoy your posts!

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

My favorite high-end foundation is Nars Light Reflecting foundation.  I am also using the IT Cosmetics CC+ Nude Glow.

Nars - Natural looking coverage and buildable for a more full coverage look.  It is just a hint of light reflecting, which I like.  It's not over the top glowy.  It wears all day, too, which I appreciate.

IT Cosmetics CC+ Nude Glow - the first time I bought it I loved the coverage, but the color was off.  Now that I have the correct color I can sing its praises!  It is a wee bit more glowy than the NARS but still a beautiful finish and wears all day, too.

As much as I like the EL Double Wear, my regular go to is the IT Cosmetics CC+ Nude Glow, too.  It's my favorite from the brand. I agree with you, @SurferWife about it being a little glowier.  I take that down with a little Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten or Skinn Finishing Powder.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch and @SurferWife  - I love IT CC Nude Glow.  That's the only tinted  moisturizer that I use.  Reach for it more than a regular foundation.