Honored Contributor

Re: Best hair serum I've ever tried!

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I figured since it was a SS product it would not have cones in it. Don't they make a serum that works without cones? I don't think so because I think the cones are what smoothes out the hair? I'm trying to stay away from cones.

Can you explain why that is? Is it that you regard silicones as "unnatural" or? TIA!

I believe that the silicones used in hair products are man-made. I have no problem with that part; I just don't want them in my hair for other reasons.But I would guess that Nightowlz was surprised because of SS's touting her "natural" ingredients. I really don't know because I don't watch her at all anymore.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I do not understand why people that do not like cones. They make hair great most evaporate as the hair dries and most cones used wash out easy. i never had product buildup or any negative issues with my hair and silicones

Honored Contributor

I like NC Mesquite hair serum, it makes my hair look fuller and gives it a lot of shine.

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I do not understand why people that do not like cones. They make hair great most evaporate as the hair dries and most cones used wash out easy. i never had product buildup or any negative issues with my hair and silicones

I'm not sure what you didn't understand about my post. If you like silicones in your hair products, fine. But some people don't, and I am one of them FOR THE REASONS I EXPLAINED IN MY LAST POST, including the fact that most are non-water-soluble and thus do not wash out easily, unless you use sulfate shampoos.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I figured since it was a SS product it would not have cones in it. Don't they make a serum that works without cones? I don't think so because I think the cones are what smoothes out the hair? I'm trying to stay away from cones.

Can you explain why that is? Is it that you regard silicones as "unnatural" or? TIA!

I believe that the silicones used in hair products are man-made. I have no problem with that part; I just don't want them in my hair for other reasons.But I would guess that Nightowlz was surprised because of SS's touting her "natural" ingredients. I really don't know because I don't watch her at all anymore.

hm okay but aren't silicones made from natural silica, just manipulated a bit  I guess it just falls into the relm of what definition of "natural" one uses, right?

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

hm okay but aren't silicones made from natural silica, just manipulated a bit  I guess it just falls into the relm of what definition of "natural" one uses, right?

Everything I can find states that the silicone we're talking about is man-made. It and silica may come from the same element, but silicones like dimethicone are produced in the lab. Silicone is a synthetic long-chain polymer.

Valued Contributor

I like Nick Chavez's Mesquite Hair Serum.  It is GREAT!  I highly recommend it.

Respected Contributor

Hello, Nitestar. Smiley Happy

Glad you found something that works well for your hair. I use Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Serum for my hair and it works great. Smiley Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Hmm, interesting. I haven't tried one product yet that has helped me with my dry hair so this peaked my interest.  I never thought I would purchase from this line but am thinking about it.  I will check out nick Chavez as well.  I can't get pass my dry hair and everytime I try and use a bit more of any product, I end up with greasy hair. 

Respected Contributor

I'm trying Living Proof's new serum, Satin hair serum. I like it so far and it doesnt have silicones. Silicones break my face and scalp break out like no tomorrow, so I have to make sure silicones are in the lower half of an ingredient deck and then I cross my fingers. Nitestar, glad you found something and I;m going to check it out as well. Southern coastal living is frizzing my hair!