Valued Contributor

Re: Best hair serum I've ever tried!

Thanks I will order It & give it a try!  Humidity makes my hair look like I stuck it in a light socket 5 minutes after straightening & styling it!! 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I figured since it was a SS product it would not have cones in it. Don't they make a serum that works without cones? I don't think so because I think the cones are what smoothes out the hair? I'm trying to stay away from cones.

I'm assuming from your comment that you checked the ingredients and that the serum does include some forms of silicone?

That's a deal-breaker for me (although I won't buy from this line for other reasons). I stopped using any silicone on my hair two years and never looked back. Yes, there are good anti-frizz and styling products that do not contain silicone. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Here are the ingredients from evine and yes, it does contain silicones for those that care Smiley Happy :

INGREDIENTS: 
Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract (and) Hordeum Vulgare (Roasted Barley) Leaf Extract (and) Cichorium Intybus (Roasted Chicory) Leaf Extract (and) Rosa Canina (RoseHips) Flower Extract (and) Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (and) Prunus Domestica (Plum) Fruit Extract Cinnmomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Leaf Extract (and) Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract (and) Ceratonia Siliqua (Roasted Carob) Fruit Extract (and) Elettaria Cardamomum (Cardamon) Seed Extract (and) Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Dimethicone (and) Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimeticonol Meadowfoamate (Meadowfoam Seed Oil), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Sweet Orange) Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Blood Orange) Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Fruit Oil* Infused in Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Crambe Abyssinica (Abyssianian) Seed Oil**, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Açai) Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almons) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract**. (this entire blend is comprised of EcoCert ingredients) *Certified Organic **EcoCert.

Respected Contributor

@NiteStar wrote:

I am not a fan of Suzanne Somers by any means.  In fact, she is my least favorite vendor of all time and I equate her to a snake oil salesman (all of that is just my own personal opinion).  However.........with that said...........she does have one product that is the best thing since sliced bread!  I would have never purchased it since I don't even watch when she is on ShopHQ (or as called today, Evine Live).  But I was staying with a friend of mine for a couple of days and had forgotten to bring my hair serum with me.  She had this product from Suzanne and I begrudgingly used it (LOL).  Okay......I have to say........it is the BEST hair serum I have ever used.....EVER.  And I swallowed my words and ordered it.  LOL  It is one hiar product, from any line, I don't want to be without.  It's called "Suzanne Somers Organics Hair Activating Serum" and I just ordered again last night because they have the due on sale (item #305-822).  So I guess the moral is.....never say never!  Smiley Very Happy

I've been using WEN's Glossing Serum but your comments intrigued me, as frizzing is definitely a problem for me.  This has great reviews!  I think the duo has all 5 star.  Also I see there is a 4oz size available 306-059 (although that would probably last me forever) for $47 vs the duo with 2oz for $41.50.

Trusted Contributor

I use it on my hair when it's wet (towel dried) before I blow dry it.  I haven't tried it on my hair after it's dry. I'll have to try in on dry hair and see if I like it that way.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I figured since it was a SS product it would not have cones in it. Don't they make a serum that works without cones? I don't think so because I think the cones are what smoothes out the hair? I'm trying to stay away from cones.

Can you explain why that is? Is it that you regard silicones as "unnatural" or? TIA!

Honored Contributor

I am going to try this serum as well. Suzanne said today to pay special attention to the ends of your hair with this serum, as it helps with not getting split ends!

Respected Contributor

I use Matrix Oil Wonders Indian Amila which is really nice ond Ojon oil the one in 3 layers i like.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I'm assuming from your comment that you checked the ingredients and that the serum does include some forms of silicone?

That's a deal-breaker for me (although I won't buy from this line for other reasons). I stopped using any silicone on my hair two years and never looked back. Yes, there are good anti-frizz and styling products that do not contain silicone. 

Silicone is a good thing in hair oils. The pourpose is to distribute the oil evenly and generally the silicone is they type that evaperates as the hair dries

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Silicone is a good thing in hair oils. The pourpose is to distribute the oil evenly and generally the silicone is they type that evaperates as the hair dries

I disagree in general. Yes, there are water-soluble silicones, but they are few and far between. The vast majority used in hair products are not water-soluble. Since I use only sulfate-free shampoo, the non-water-soluble silicones can build up. I have much less itchiness and no grungy feeling on my scalp now.

I use my own modified version of the curly girl method. Generally, it recommends no sulfates, no silicones or other heavy ingredients that can build up, and as little heat styling as possible (I air-dry).

YMMV.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland