Respected Contributor

Re: Best hair product for scrunchy messed up look?

Hello, mima. Smile

I haven't tried this, but Nick Chavez makes a product called SoftFlocker. It's a styling paste that's sold on QVC, Nick's website and I think in Ulta. Nick said that it can give your hair a piece-y, messy, texturized look.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

I agree with the SoftFlocker from Nick but also Redkin Guts. I have thick course hair (the Italian in me) and it is wavy. I have used both these products and they work well. Not heavy but gives me the look you want. Redkin is very good because it is a very light mouse type product. I bend my head down and just work it in and scrunge the product on damp hair and just let it air dry. Top it off with a light hair spray and wha la! I think that Walmart carries this now---you will just have to see at your area. I love these two products. My hair is layered below my shoulders to the mid area of my back. I used to go to my beautician who is my niece but cut my own hair in layers now to save money.

Super Contributor

I have short hair (sort of personalized/modified pixie) with a natural wave and I like to wear it "messy."

I use a lot of different brands, but I'm a fan of John Freida products and probably use more of them than any other ... and today in the mail I got some samples of some new Frieda products from his Beach Blonde line ... one of them is "Sea Salt Spray" that I'm anxious to try.

Fekkai Coiff (Fekkai also had a similar texturizer in an orange bottle ... can't recall the name - but it works well)

Fructus Wonder Waves

Marc Antony Beach Waves

Frizz-Ease Dream Curls

Almost any style gel will work. Trick is to NOT use too much of the product. Guy who does my hair showed me how to make it work with my hair. He uses a Tresemme mousse.

Maybe you should check with your hairdresser.

ETA: I tried Nick's Flocker years ago and was unimpressed / underwhelmed. Would not recommend.

Trusted Contributor

I have a short, thick pixie and I've just started using Redken's Tousle Whip Styling Cream. I can really mess my hair up, it holds and it NOT greasy! This is probably about the 12th or 14th product I've tried in the course of 20 years!

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for all your suggestions. I looked at Walmart today any of the sea salt sprays. They either don't have any or I didn't see them.

I will check out some of these products on Amazon.

Thank you so much for all your suggestions!