Respected Contributor

Best hair product for scrunchy messed up look?

I just got a new cut and it is suppose to be messy looking. It is messy looking alright! LOL

Help! I want to overwork it and can't help it.

Anyway, what product is the best to use for this hair-do. I used gel yesterday and didn't like it.

Products can be from anywhere. I will most likely have to order online unless it can be found at Walmart (our only store). Thanks!

Oh, hair is chin length, not long. My hair is very coarse, thick and wavy.

I also want something that doesn't make your hair feel dirty. My hair tends to be oily.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Best hair product for scrunchy messed up look?

I use KMS Hair Play messing creme to give my hair a piecy look. Not sure if that's what you're going for. It's less than $20 and will last quite a while.

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 vaccinia said:

I use KMS Hair Play messing creme to give my hair a piecy look. Not sure if that's what you're going for. It's less than $20 and will last quite a while.

Is your hair stiff with this product? When you shake your head, does your hair move? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I don't find it to be stiff at all. I'm sure you will get a lot of other suggestions, though. There are plenty of great products out there that will give you the look you're going for. This is just the one I use. My hairdresser recommended it and I've been very pleased.

Respected Contributor

Thanks vaccinia.

Respected Contributor

Stop in a Sally's and ask them, but I use sea salt spray for texture in my super fine, super thick hair. I can actually have great second day hair with this and dry shampoo, something that I haven't been able to do in years with my short hair cut and oily hair.

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 tigriss said:

Stop in a Sally's and ask them, but I use sea salt spray for texture in my super fine, super thick hair. I can actually have great second day hair with this and dry shampoo, something that I haven't been able to do in years with my short hair cut and oily hair.

No Sally's here, but I will check out sea salt spray. I've never heard of it. I'm out of the loop I think.

It pays to ask here. Thanks!

Regular Contributor

I have a lot of layers and more hair is fine so a light spray is important.

http://www.amazon.com/OGX-Hair-Spray-Moroccan-Ounce/dp/B00BB3JZJW/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1...

The key is do not blow dry your hair a lot or put on high.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 mima said:
On 3/26/2015 tigriss said:

No Sally's here, but I will check out sea salt spray. I've never heard of it. I'm out of the loop I think.

It pays to ask here. Thanks!

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ogx-moroccan-sea-salt-spray/ID=prod6192607-product

This is currently on sale at 2/$12.

Super Contributor

John Frieda brought back SEA WAVES (sea salt spray) due to popular demand. The scent is wonderful. I think Walmart carries the brand.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart