Respected Contributor

Re: Best foundation for sensitive skin

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee - How does that Lumene wear under a mask? I switched from my usual Covergirl and went back to powder foundation over a year ago when I had to start wearing a mask to work every day. It didn't rub off on my mask as much and make as much of a mess.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like masks are going away in the hospitals any time soon, so I'll be stuck with it for a while still. I've been making do with the powder, but it's not my favorite. 

@rnmom 

Works pretty well.  I wear the Lumene during a 12.5 hour shift and I wear a mask for 12.5 hours.  There's some transfer to the mask, but enough stays on my face.

Yesterday I was transplanting geraniums and sweat was running down my face.  I went over it with a wet paper towel and figured I took my makeup off.  Not the case.  Still there.

But a baby wipe will take it off.

@just bee - Ok, thanks. I don't know if I will try to track one down to order it, but if I happen to see one I will give it a try. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@just bee     I started using Lumene a couple of years ago after reading about it here. I have been ordering it from Target. Sure hope it hasn't been discontinued. I have one unopened tube left. I tried the Clinique CC cream and it was like applying thick paint to my face. 

@50Mickey 

Target has the best price ($14.99 for Light, $11.69 for Medium) but CVS also stocks it ($17.49).

I've worried for years about it being discontinued.  I am concerned that I'm not seeing it on the U.S. version of the Lumene website.  I hope they don't think they can replace it with that jar of Skin Tint for $30.

Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee - How does that Lumene wear under a mask? I switched from my usual Covergirl and went back to powder foundation over a year ago when I had to start wearing a mask to work every day. It didn't rub off on my mask as much and make as much of a mess.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like masks are going away in the hospitals any time soon, so I'll be stuck with it for a while still. I've been making do with the powder, but it's not my favorite. 

@rnmom 

Works pretty well.  I wear the Lumene during a 12.5 hour shift and I wear a mask for 12.5 hours.  There's some transfer to the mask, but enough stays on my face.

Yesterday I was transplanting geraniums and sweat was running down my face.  I went over it with a wet paper towel and figured I took my makeup off.  Not the case.  Still there.

But a baby wipe will take it off.

@just bee - Ok, thanks. I don't know if I will try to track one down to order it, but if I happen to see one I will give it a try. 

@rnmom 

Target's website still has the best price ($14.99 for Light, $11.69 for Medium).  For me, the Medium is foolproof.  I feel that it's as much a skincare product as it is a cosmetic product.

I will be in a real pickle if it suddenly disappears.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

A friend introduced me to Lumene CC cream and it was a perfect solution for me. More recently I received a tube of Farmasi CC cream and enjoy that equally as well. I do use a redness correcting primer with both products; very satisfied. 

I used PUR Minerals 4 in 1 powder foundation for years. The day came when I realized it was aging and drying to my skin.

The Lumene and Farmasi CC creams are lightweight and I've found as I age, less is definitely more.

@Quinny 

I thought I was able to stop looking after I found bareMinerals because it was the first foundation that didn't turn me tangerine and I just didn't have to think about it.

But when I turned 50... the experimentation started all over again.  Lumene has been a perfect solution.  As I said, it's as much skincare as it is makeup.

Respected Contributor

@just bee    My first order was the light shade. I am pretty fair and I. usually have to go for a light shade on foundation. However this was way to light for me. I switched to medium and it is perfect for me. Getting ready to order two more tubes.  

Honored Contributor

@Quinny   Check out NYX or No. 7 are both great choices and sold at Target.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can only use the original loose powder bare minerals foundation. I have tried other brands,bottle,pancake type foundation,stick and i broke out with all brands. Bare minerals original is the only one/brand I can use without break out.