Respected Contributor

Re: Best foundation for sensitive skin

I did not wear foundation for a year and now am back into it trying to find something that does not make my aging, large pores, deep lines on forehead, oily t zone and break out prone face look worse than without makeup.  I wound up throwing out almost all the stuff I had and trying new stuff.  Liquids just sought every wrinkle and jumped in.  I finally settled on Wander beauty powder foundation.  It is not matte or dewy just natural.  I tried the Wander liquid foundation and it looked so flat on me.  Nothing is perfect but this foundation seemed the best and I think it does not have bad ingredients.  Also it is easy to apply and quick.  I am not one who wants to spend 30 minutes applying makeup. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee - How does that Lumene wear under a mask? I switched from my usual Covergirl and went back to powder foundation over a year ago when I had to start wearing a mask to work every day. It didn't rub off on my mask as much and make as much of a mess.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like masks are going away in the hospitals any time soon, so I'll be stuck with it for a while still. I've been making do with the powder, but it's not my favorite. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee - How does that Lumene wear under a mask? I switched from my usual Covergirl and went back to powder foundation over a year ago when I had to start wearing a mask to work every day. It didn't rub off on my mask as much and make as much of a mess.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like masks are going away in the hospitals any time soon, so I'll be stuck with it for a while still. I've been making do with the powder, but it's not my favorite. 

@rnmom 

Works pretty well.  I wear the Lumene during a 12.5 hour shift and I wear a mask for 12.5 hours.  There's some transfer to the mask, but enough stays on my face.

Yesterday I was transplanting geraniums and sweat was running down my face.  I went over it with a wet paper towel and figured I took my makeup off.  Not the case.  Still there.

But a baby wipe will take it off.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@just bee  Noticed on Amazon that Lumene has a CC cream with an spf.  The CC cream at Target does not have the spf.  Just was wondering if you'd seen that.  I might try the one with the spf at some point. 

@JudyL 

Interesting!  Used to have spf 20.  Hadn't even noticed that they'd removed it.  The box says "contains a sunscreen to protect product color."

Sounds like the company plans to remove it from all the CC cream.  Wonder why.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore I'm enjoying Laura Geller Balance and Brighten. I find that liquid foundation just emphasizes my texture but this powder foundation looks natural and not at all like powder. It leaves a satin, slightly radiant finish. 

Trusted Contributor

A friend introduced me to Lumene CC cream and it was a perfect solution for me. More recently I received a tube of Farmasi CC cream and enjoy that equally as well. I do use a redness correcting primer with both products; very satisfied. 

I used PUR Minerals 4 in 1 powder foundation for years. The day came when I realized it was aging and drying to my skin.

The Lumene and Farmasi CC creams are lightweight and I've found as I age, less is definitely more.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@On It wrote:

Try Jane Iredale. It is a pure mineral formulation that has been used by plastic surgery patients, many spas, and finally found itself in the retail sector.The foundation comes in both a powder form and a liquid. 

if dryness caused your problem then you may prefer liquid. One of my favorites is Chantecaille Future Skin. My skin looks so fresh and alive. If you have a Nordstrom or Newman-Marcus in your area the counter person can help with the perfect match. The company has a web site for those of us living in areas without those two stores.

@On It I have never heard of either of these lines,  but I'm going to check them out along with others suggestions here.  Jane iredale sounds intriguing.   

@Kitty Galore  I looked at both the Jane Iredale and Chantecaille Future Skin products. They seemed like quality products, but well beyond my budget.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Kitty Galore   I use Bobbi Brown fluid powder light coverage, buildable natural matte finish $40.  Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer is a nice choice too.  A little higher in price but you have to catch sales $47.

@Katcat1 @Kitty Galore  As with the Jane Iredale and Chantecaille products; Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier are great, but way out of my price range.

Honored Contributor

Do you think it could be the PTR product? Have you stopped to see if it improved?  I don't have overly sensitive skin but I'm absolutely loving the Fenty Skin Tint "Eaze Drops".  Don't expect to see a large shade range.  They say because of the sheerness, one shade will work with several different complexion shades/colorings.  I'm a light to light med and wear shade 4

Respected Contributor

@just bee     I started using Lumene a couple of years ago after reading about it here. I have been ordering it from Target. Sure hope it hasn't been discontinued. I have one unopened tube left. I tried the Clinique CC cream and it was like applying thick paint to my face.