Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Best foundation for sensitive skin

Any suggestions on a good foundation ?   I've noticed after years of using only bare minerals foundation I'm breaking out   now and then .  I do have sensitive skin .   Im presently using PTR Retinol which I must say I'm not seeing much difference after almost 2 months with using nightly .   Not sure if that is causing problems.   I would like to try something else just not sure which way to go ...powder like BE or a cream applied with a brush or something else ???    Thanks 😺

Honored Contributor

Re: Best foundation for sensitive skin

@Kitty Galore   What kind of coverage do you want and what kind of finish?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

I don't know your age, but I had to give up bareMinerals when I turned 50.  Experimented with liquid foundations, BB creams and hybrid products until I found Lumene CC cream.  I've stuck with it because it's just as foolproof as bareMinerals.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Kitty Galore   What kind of coverage do you want and what kind of finish?

@Katcat1  Looking fir a light to medium coverage .  I have pretty good skin so I dont have a lot to cover usually .  Finish ,   I pretty much like a natural  or dewy finish but not shiny .

Respected Contributor

I have several I can use without problems.  I'm dry and sensitive and have rosacea.  I like L'Oreal True Match, and the Infallible 24 hour wear.  Also Clinique Even Better just to name a few.

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

I don't know your age, but I had to give up bareMinerals when I turned 50.  Experimented with liquid foundations, BB creams and hybrid products until I found Lumene CC cream.  I've stuck with it because it's just as foolproof as bareMinerals.

@just bee @May I ask why you had to stop  bare minerals,  what changed for you ?   I'm not familiar with Lumene cc cream ,   I will have to look it up,  I'd like to try it ,  what kind if finish is it ?   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try Jane Iredale. It is a pure mineral formulation that has been used by plastic surgery patients, many spas, and finally found itself in the retail sector.The foundation comes in both a powder form and a liquid. 

if dryness caused your problem then you may prefer liquid. One of my favorites is Chantecaille Future Skin. My skin looks so fresh and alive. If you have a Nordstrom or Newman-Marcus in your area the counter person can help with the perfect match. The company has a web site for those of us living in areas without those two stores.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

@just bee @May I ask why you had to stop  bare minerals,  what changed for you ?   I'm not familiar with Lumene cc cream ,   I will have to look it up,  I'd like to try it ,  what kind if finish is it ?   

@Kitty Galore 

I just started to look a little like a day-old glazed donut.

I think my skin just decided to go a little drier.  Lumene products were actually mentioned on a thread here several years ago.  Back then it was easy to get them at Walgreens.  Now I live in fear that they'll disappear.

Sure, there's Amazon and CVS, but CVS is pricey.  Target actually stocks them and it's encouraging that they've added new Lumene products to their  website.  I just ordered some medium CC cream today because they have the 25% off deal throught the 22nd.

Uh-oh.  I just looked at the Lumene website and the CC cream is not there.  Could it be that day has come?  That it's been discontinued?

I'm sorry.  I need to assume the fetal position now. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I have several I can use without problems.  I'm dry and sensitive and have rosacea.  I like L'Oreal True Match, and the Infallible 24 hour wear.  Also Clinique Even Better just to name a few.

@RainyDayGal   I had used Clinique ,  the whole line years ago when I found out I was allergic to fragrance in makeup.   Maybe I should give it a try again .

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

@Kitty Galore 

I just started to look a little like a day-old glazed donut.

I think my skin just decided to go a little drier.  Lumene products were actually mentioned on a thread here several years ago.  Back then it was easy to get them at Walgreens.  Now I live in fear that they'll disappear.

Sure, there's Amazon and CVS, but CVS is pricey.  Target actually stocks them and it's encouraging that they've added new Lumene products to their  website.  I just ordered some medium CC cream today because they have the 25% off deal throught the 22nd.

Uh-oh.  I just looked at the Lumene website and the CC cream is not there.  Could it be that day has come?  That it's been discontinued?

I'm sorry.  I need to assume the fetal position now. Woman Sad

@just bee   oh I'm sure it's just out if stock ,   If it's popular that could definitely be why . It happens to me all the time ,   I love a prouduct and then it's Gone !!   Hopefully that's not what happened.  It most be a wonderful foundation with you liking it so much .   I do want to try it.