New Contributor

Best foundation ? / Not liquid!

I love my Laura Geller....however I am looking for something a bit more moisturizing....in that same baked form. Any suggestions ladies? Anybody tried It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation? Is it moisturizing? Thanks girls......MomKanich
Regular Contributor

Re: Best foundation ? / Not liquid!

I have very dry skin and most powder foundations look like flour on my face. One that really does work for me is Clinique's Almost Powder foundation. Reasonably priced at about $25.
Honored Contributor

My suggestions: Urban Decay has a compact foundation that is cream to powder with a flawless finish (very nice). Josie Maran has Matchmaker SPF20 compact foundation w/argan oil; Aveda has a powder foundation too. Check them out. Good luck.

P.S. One more, Laura Mercier has one in a jar that has a beautiful finish. Pricey but will last long time. She may also offer a powder one. Her prices are a little higher but her products are top of the line & she is not over the top like Trish McEvoy (she's gone crazy).

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I like the IT, but I would not call it moisturizing.

Revlon Colorstay Whipped

Cover Girl cream compact (with Olay)

I now use a BB cream with a bit of IT Celebration dusted over (or BE Mineral Veil dusted over) and really like it. I like the Revlon Colorstay, too, and Estee Lauder Invisible, but that is a liquid.

Trusted Contributor

I have tried the IT foundation and didn't like it at all. It provided very little coverage (for me) and barely showed up on my fair skin.

I'm still looking for the perfect foundation, but I am currently using Mally's Visible Skin Foundation. It's a powder compact that I find to have great coverage and is not drying to my skin.

Occasional Contributor

really like Jose Marian's foundations. And I creeped out when I saw THE BOTTLE. However, it is the most color blending, silky, easy to apply liquid fundation I have used since CG. I am bare minerals mally Laura, you know the kind. Jose's really was a pleasant surprise. I just got it celebration foundation and think I am gonna really like it .i have very neutral skin so just about any product will moisturize my face. If u can take the plunge, as I did, try Jose maran.
Super Contributor

IT seems a bit drying to me and I have normal skin, with oil in the t-zone. Hello Flawless by Benefit is extremely creamy for a powder and can be brushed on or applied by a sponge. I agree with KatCat1, Laura Mercier has some nice make-up. Her mineral powder is very creamy as well and comes in many shades. It too can be sponged on or brushed on. The IT CC cream is very nice. I use that as my sunscreen since I ran out of JM SPF40. I then brush powder over it. Do not just order these products, if you can, go into a Sephora's to check out different shades.

Super Contributor

Another Suggestion would be Pur-Minerals...Sold at Ulta....

Valued Contributor

When I need more moisture while wearing a powder foundation, I wear a BB cream underneath.

Frequent Contributor

I absolutely love Lucy Minerals, reasonable prices, great promotions, NO irritants, love the coverage, lasts all day on me too and looks so natural:

http://www.lucyminerals.com/

worth a look, and they have sample sizes too!