Honored Contributor

Re: Best face wash...

[ Edited ]

I use Clean & Clean Foaming Face wash for sensitive skin.  I've gone through several bottles of it.  Under $5.00 from any store and does a great job of removing all my face make-up and eye make-up without drying out my skin.   

I also agree with @just bee. That Paula's Choice creamy cleanser seems very good too.  I got a sample packette of it with my last order and couldn't believe what a great job it did removing all my make-up and it didn't leave my skin feeling like it had a film on it like many cream cleansers do.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like @FranandZoe and @Porcelain

2nd on the Fresh Soy Cleanser!! It'sgood to hear others mention it.

I try new cleansers but this is the best, gentle and so balanced for my skin.

It's been around a while and not much is said how great it is.

Fresh Soy cleanser is saved for days when I'm not wearing sunblock or makeup with heavy sunblock in it since I use cleansing oils for that.

Doesn't dry skin out it's just very well made so natural and gentle..loved this many years now.

****2nd in line; Dr. Gross's 3 in 1 cleanser. Non sudsing, gentle non stripping like Fresh soy cleanser.

It's great for my sunblock days instead of my oil cleanser..you apply to dry skin like the oil type ones. Cleans so well.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Look for ingredients that start with the prefix coco. They come from coconut. Don't try to treat your skin when cleansing. So minimal or no actives (certain actives can help buffer the formula and help prevent stripping, but those are the only actives you want or need in a cleanser). You just want cleansing ingredients (aka surfactants) with buffers and possibly moisturizing ingredients.

No fragrance if possible. And go for the mildest cleanser that still gets your skin clean.

Foam is overrated. It doesn't actually clean. It's just there because we are used to it and complain to the manufacturer when a cleanser doesn't lather. So they make their products lather. But the bubbles aren't cleaning into your pores or anything.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I use Clean & Clean Foaming Face wash for sensitive skin.  I've gone through several bottles of it.  Under $5.00 from any store and does a great job of removing all my face make-up and eye make-up without drying out my skin.   

I also agree with @just bee. That Paula's Choice creamy cleanser seems very good too.  I got a sample packette of it with my last order and couldn't believe what a great job it did removing all my make-up and it didn't leave my skin feeling like it had a film on it like many cream cleansers do.  

@Lipstickdiva

@bunjetto

An added bonus: The way Paula does business.  I ordered more cleanser from her website on Friday and when I checked the mailbox today the package was already here -- which means it was delivered yesterday.

That's fast! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
New Contributor

Just posted the same on another thread...I really like Olay gentle foaming cleanser; if you like it, thry also have cloths for on the go or lazy mornings.  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@LAbmom wrote:

Just posted the same on another thread...I really like Olay gentle foaming cleanser; if you like it, thry also have cloths for on the go or lazy mornings.  Smiley Very Happy

@LAbmom I'm with you on the Olay. I've been using it forever. I don't use it to take off my eye makeup so I can't speak to that. The only cleanser that actually leaves my face soft. You can get it anywhere and it's pretty cheap.

I have to say I'm a little surprised that Paula sells expensive washes. I remember from her her first way back when, she said to just stick to things like CeraVe and to not waste your money. Especially since a wash is on your skin for such a short period. You just needed something gentle.

Honored Contributor

I love Philosophy's Purity.  It melts my makeup, even eyeliner!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@LAbmom wrote:

@LAbmom I'm with you on the Olay. I've been using it forever. I don't use it to take off my eye makeup so I can't speak to that. The only cleanser that actually leaves my face soft. You can get it anywhere and it's pretty cheap.

I have to say I'm a little surprised that Paula sells expensive washes. I remember from her her first way back when, she said to just stick to things like CeraVe and to not waste your money. Especially since a wash is on your skin for such a short period. You just needed something gentle.

@pigletsmom

You make an excellent point.  That's why I used Cetaphil, then switched to Cerave.  But I never seemed to be able to stick with a cleanser until I started using Paula's products.  I was hesitant in the beginning because I thought they were pricey, but I order when there's a sale and have found that a bottle lasts a very long time.

I think consistency is important and my skin responds well to her cleanser so I keep using it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finding that using gentler products is working best for me.

2 cleansers that I'm liking:

Olay Gentle Clean Foamining Face Cleanser (avg price $5.00)

and

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser ($2 coupon on their website. In Mid-Atlantic area Giant Food has CeraVe on sale until end of Dec)

Will be trying CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.

I don't wear makeup so can't comment on any make-up removal abilities.

Honored Contributor

I use Isomers Tea Tree cleanser in the morning use Beekman's new facial bar in the evening.