Contributor

Best eye shadow for over 50?

Hi Ladies!! What is your favorite eye shadow if you are over 50? Color and brand? Do you still where shimmer or are you only using matte???? Let's hear it girls! Blue eyes? Green eyes? What can't you do without? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Occasional Contributor

Re: Best eye shadow for over 50?

I love all the Burberry eye shadows. They apply & blend like a dream.
Honored Contributor

I prefer matte eye shadows, but can get by with a very tiny amount of shimmer. I don't like shimmer in my lip products either. I've had some very good luck in the past with NYX matte eye shadows and have a pretty big collection of them. Even so, I've also purchased several IT Cosmetics Eye Shadow Trios and both last year's and this year's Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Palettes and find myself reaching for them most of the time. They apply easily and you don't need much to get nice coverage. I believe a good brush is important for the right application though, too. For me, that's an IT eye shadow brush. Sometimes I'll grab a Laura Geller eye shadow brush, which works alright, but I prefer the IT brushes - they're they best.

Esteemed Contributor

I only wear and like cream eyeshadows. I wear two right now: Mally's taupe and brown, Adrienne's Eyeshadow pencil. Adrienne wears nothing but this and uses it on every make over. There's not a color name on it, but it is a super color and really opens the eye and gives a light shadow the color of a light grayish mauve. It's good for all color eyes, inexpensive, apply roll on cream and use finger easily spread. I've stuck on these two....

Respected Contributor

Mally In the Buff palette: A228239

This has all kinds of taupes and greys and a base to have the shadow stay on. I haven't bought eye shadow since I got her palettes. The colors blend together, she has a nice booklet and you can even use them wet as a liner. By far the best I've ever owned in any eye product.

Honored Contributor

Revlon now. Tried 2 new colors (even Revlon is new for me to use) and there's 4 colors in it. I really am won over on this. You can see not much is in here for what I get, but I don't wear it heavily. It's really nice. Brown eyes, got lavender and the brown shades.

Valued Contributor

I'm 60 and love all of MAC shadows...no shimmer.
Honored Contributor

I prefer Revlon Eye shadows. I only wear matte. And I apply lightly so it is hardly noticeable - I like a natural look in makeup.

Super Contributor

On 11/7/2014 taja123 said:

I only wear and like cream eyeshadows. I wear two right now: Mally's taupe and brown, Adrienne's Eyeshadow pencil. Adrienne wears nothing but this and uses it on every make over. There's not a color name on it, but it is a super color and really opens the eye and gives a light shadow the color of a light grayish mauve. It's good for all color eyes, inexpensive, apply roll on cream and use finger easily spread. I've stuck on these two....

Is this the Signature Club Quick Glamour eyeshadow pencil?

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/7/2014 rholmes27 said: I love all the Burberry eye shadows. They apply & blend like a dream.

Hi rholmes 27 ..... are the Burberry eye shadows matte? I was looking at the Complete Eye Palette in Nude Blush No. 12 .... looks a little shimmery. TIA, Maria