Trusted Contributor

Best exfoliator for the face?

I use to use philosophys microdelivery exfoliating face wash, i really liked it, but im looking for something just as good, but cheaper. suggestions? thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Best exfoliator for the face?

Philosophy's wash contains diatomaceous earth used as the exfoliant. You might try looking for cleansers containing that ingredient...there are quite a few.

Honored Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

I use to use philosophys microdelivery exfoliating face wash, i really liked it, but im looking for something just as good, but cheaper. suggestions? thank you!

@bonnie f   I tend to now use chemical exfoliants instead of physical ones w/ grains/beads. I think they’re less harsh on my skin. Using Retin A at night is already exfoliating, so several times a week I use an acid peel pad in the morning. 

Honored Contributor

Diatomaceous earth may sometimes be listed as hydrated silica.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Certainly not that blade thing they showed scraping a layer of skin from Pam's face last night.  That thing totally creeps me out.  I tend to use whatever is in an old sample kit, but my favorite is the one from Skinn.

Esteemed Contributor

Not cheaper but you can use this everyday. Dermilogica Daily Superfoliant I am obsessed. 

Respected Contributor

Rice bran powder mixed with plain water or rose water makes a very gentle exfoliant. Mild enough to use daily.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used this Olay product for the longest time. I think it's one of the best gentle exfoliating cleansers out there. It is very highly rated and not too expensive...about $16 for this 6-oz tube. It contains hydrated silica as the exfoliant.

71jC+XANb0L._SX522_.jpg

The older tube looked like this...same stuff. The cleanser has been around for a long time:

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

I use Merderma Facial Cleanser (formerly Aqua Glycolic), which my dermotologist suggested years ago.

I have sensitive skin and never get irritation. (Amazon and also Walmart on line).

Mederma AG Facial Cleanser, 6 Ounce

Honored Contributor

I've used a bar of Kiss My Face olive oil soap and bath gloves ... every morning ... for years ... great results.  Convenient and inexpensive .. and works for me.