Trusted Contributor
Any recommendations?
Honored Contributor

Alpha Skincare

Honored Contributor

neotericcosmetics is online with drugstore prices.  Best AHA I ever used.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Alba Botanica® Very Emollient Body Lotion Maximum. Find it in stores. 

Apha Skincare stuff is the best, imo, but it's online.

Honored Contributor

Re: Best drugstore AHA?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee   Just recently received my Alpha Skincare (was using Amlactin) from Amazon based on your reviews.  (cruelty-free and 12% AHA...yeaa!)  Thanks!

@SilleeMee wrote:

Alba Botanica® Very Emollient Body Lotion Maximum. Find it in stores. 

Apha Skincare stuff is the best, imo, but it's online.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sue98   I  use Peter Thomas Thomas Roth. The easiest way to apply acids, IMO, is with peel pads. A few clients have liked No7 in drugstores...the Serum Activating Pads. They have glycolic acid and AHA. Read directions carefully when using products with active ingredients. Your skin becomes more sun sensitive and you may need to be more prudent with your SPF. Paula's Choice is another line that's popular, but online. You may want to check in Ulta, Sephora or the department store and ask for a recommendation. They can pinpoint your specific needs...brightness, spot fading, exfoliation, etc. and go from there. Different strengths are available.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I posted this in another thread about skin brighteners. This one can be bought at Target or Walgreens and I'm sure other stores, too. The reviews for this are very good everywhere it's sold. You might want to check it out. $24

Pixi skintreats Overnight Glow Serum Concentrated Exfoliating Gel - 1.01oz
Esteemed Contributor

I've been using Alpha lotion with 12% glycolic acid for quite a while and I really like it. I think my hands and lower arms could use more. I'm wondering if there are any comparable products out there with a higher glycolic percentage that someone could recommend? 

and what is the highest amount of glycolic acid that is safe to use?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

I've been using Alpha lotion with 12% glycolic acid for quite a while and I really like it. I think my hands and lower arms could use more. I'm wondering if there are any comparable products out there with a higher glycolic percentage that someone could recommend? 

and what is the highest amount of glycolic acid that is safe to use?

@MariotaMurielle 

Maybe try a treatment pad on your arms and hands. I have used 20% GA pads from Replenix (aka Topix). The other brand of pads are from Pixi, also 20% GA, available in stores.  The 20% GA can be left on the skin without rinsing. Use them at night. Higher concentrations would require rinsing then neutralizing the acid as with typical GA peels are done.