Valued Contributor

Best deep conditioner/hair mask?

I have fine/thin straight hair that has been oily my whole life (I'm 37), though the ends are extremely dry lately.  I do color my hair and use hot tools probably 4 times a week.  Need to moisturize the ends my hair.  Any recommendations for deep conditioner?

I have tried wen, but it makes my roots too greasy.  I bought a small size of the living proof restore mask which I am using, but do not find it to be very moisturizing at all.    

Honored Contributor

Re: Best deep conditioner/hair mask?

coconut oil

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I still mourn the death of Ojon.  Someone please come up with a duplicate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometime ago I had been introduced to Carol's Daughter Monoi products and although I found most of the line did not work for my hair, there were a couple of products in this line that I found to be outstanding. One of them being the Monoi Repairing Hair maskHeart. This mask makes may hair feel thick, soft and manageable. I use it once a week. One time I ran out and I could see and feel a big difference. I buy the biggest 7.0-oz size on AD. It lasts me several months and well worth the $35.Woman Happy

This Monoi mask does not weigh your hair down nor does it make it feel greasy...just full, soft with lots of body.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I still mourn the death of Ojon.  Someone please come up with a duplicate.

I never tried Ojon, but I just purchased Tweak'd - the same person that brought you Ojon. Have you tried that product?  I like it so far. I have thick, wavy, frizzy, uncontrollable hair and I used it once and I think I'm going to like it. I'm not sure it will be my only product though. I never cared for Wen.

Honored Contributor

I use a couple deep conditioning conditioners 2x a week but not a full on hair mask altho, I've been reading about using a clear henna mask that is supposed to be really good for your hair. You leave it on for as long as a few hours if you want. Gives shine to the hair and won't hurt color. I found it on AMZ, of course.

Honored Contributor

Skinn Mane Mask

Trusted Contributor

I'm having trouble with my hair becoming drier and drier (and frizzier) with age, so I was trying lots of conditioners and masks, mostly the higher priced ones.  Nothing wowed me.

Then a couple of months ago, I picked up some Aussie 3 Minute Miracle from the drugstore.  I can't even say why, I didn't expect much from it.

I left it on for 5 or 10 minutes, and my hair really looked and felt much, much better.  I've been using it now, on and off, and I think it's very good.

I wouldn't be surprised though, if eventually it doesn't seem to help as much anymore.  Why this happens with me, I don't know.  Does your hair acclimmate to ingredients eventually and then they aren't as effective?  Anyway, I like it for now.

Super Contributor

@Tantallum wrote:

I have fine/thin straight hair that has been oily my whole life (I'm 37), though the ends are extremely dry lately.  I do color my hair and use hot tools probably 4 times a week.  Need to moisturize the ends my hair.  Any recommendations for deep conditioner?

I have tried wen, but it makes my roots too greasy.  I bought a small size of the living proof restore mask which I am using, but do not find it to be very moisturizing at all.    

L'Oreal Total Repair damage erasing balm..it's incredible! It has really changed my hair, love it! It's also pretty cheap, about $6.

Honored Contributor

Try the WEN re-moist, but do not use it on your roots if you feel it makes your roots oily.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras