Honored Contributor

Re: Best concealer

[ Edited ]

@Franklinbell wrote:

Hey beauty mavens!

I got an email today telling me about a new concealer is available by channel that costs..135.00 gasp! Phew that is steep.  So...I'm wondering what is your favorite concealer and why? And do you use powder to set it? Any cool tips?

thanks in advance!

@Franklinbell   Whoa, that's a lot for concealer. I like the Nars Creamy Radiant concealer in tube. Sometimes I use the BB Corrector underneath. I also have the BB concealer in the tube to cover any spots or use sparingly on my face when I don't want to use foundation. It's matched to the foundation names, so easy for me to choose correct shade. I'm always Porcelain across the board.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Franklinbell  - I'm currently using Tarte Shape Tape concealer that I got here at the Q.  I do set it lightly.

@San Antonio Gal   Did you know there was a "light Shape Tape"? I think more emollient and easier to use.

Respected Contributor

I have been using Dermablend for years with their setting powder.  Another I've added is Maybelline Eraser.  Both work very well for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm a cheapo...I like Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser.  When I use it, it's the Neutralizer shade (contains color-correcting pigments so it's universal).

Top-rated everywhere it's sold.

download.jpg 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm a cheapo...I like Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser.  When I use it, it's the Neutralizer shade (contains color-correcting pigments so it's universal).

download.jpg 

@SilleeMee 

Once upon a time I was the Queen of purchasing every foundation and concealer at every price point. 

Fast forward and I no longer wear foundation, instead I only use Maybelline Age Rewind. I think I use 160 which is called a Brightener.

I believe I read based on the amount in the tube it actually is not a bargain product, but I love how it meets all my skin's needs and has allowed me to stop wearing foundation.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

download.jpg 

I don't wear concealer very often, but when I do, it's this in the brightening shade.

Super Contributor

@Franklinbell and @SurferWife 

I'm currently using the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer and I really like it.  At $31 it is a little pricey, but the full size tube really is a lot of product and a little goes a long way so I'm sure I'll get many, many applications out of it.  I use it to lighten up my under eye circles and it does a nice job without settling into/magnifying any fine lines. 

I like the range of shades they offer.  I'm a "hard to match" skin tone gal.  I use the shade Chantilly, which is the their lightest, and I would normally never go that light, but to me it is more illuminating than lightening.  I originally received it as a sample in an Ispy Glam Bag and that was the shade provided so that's what made me go with it.  For me, it really does help diffuse dark circles.  

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

download.jpg 

@SilleeMee 

Once upon a time I was the Queen of purchasing every foundation and concealer at every price point. 

Fast forward and I no longer wear foundation, instead I only use Maybelline Age Rewind. I think I use 160 which is called a Brightener.

I believe I read based on the amount in the tube it actually is not a bargain product, but I love how it meets all my skin's needs and has allowed me to stop wearing foundation.

@magicmoodz 

Have you tried the Maybelline Age Rewind Foundation? I never have but it looks like it's also top-rated.

Honored Contributor

Tarte Shape Tape is really good--I use the beauty blender sponge for that one and then Mally and Laura Geller have good ones too--I have purple in the corners of both eyes near my nose that I need to cover--these do a great job

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

download.jpg 

@SilleeMee    I'm going to Target this a.m. and will look for that!  "Color correcting" makeup seems to have done a disappearing act.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥