Respected Contributor

Re: Best brow product for hair loss due to chemo

Fisrt I'd like to say I'm sorry your mom is going through chemo, basically because of the side effects. However  It may surely help!    As for a good brow pencil, I use Avon Luxury Brow (I'm blonde)  They have 4 shades, I think.     I only have about a 1/4 of brows, and this verrry inexpensive pencil stays on all day, sweat, water, and all.   This Luxury pencil is a hard milled pencil that will need sharpening.  I have tried the Avons Glimmerstick pencil, which is twist -up, and does NOT stay on skin well at all.  I recommend a hard pencil...I have tried expensive designer brands, as well as marker type that cost much more, and I return to Avon Luxury Brow pencil.   I get mine at a local flee market for $2.    I know..sounds crazy, but designer names are nothing more than Names!     Hoping the best for your mom...and you are a sweetheart to look after her!!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions and well wishes.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.  For anyone who has gone through Chemo or have had a loved one go through it, the stress is so great we need to go what we can to make life as normal as we can.

Blessings Heart

Valued Contributor

I too have lost my eyebrows and eyelashes due to chemo.

On Saturday I received a Benefit order from HSN.  It had mascara which I haven't tried yet, but also a  Gimme Brow.  It's a gel.  I tired it on Saturday night.  It's a pretty good product.  It's about $14.  I liked the results.

Honored Contributor

I would look at Doll 10 here at QVC as the founder had cancer and made this brow product with that in mind.  Sorry about your mother and I hope everything works out for her.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

This is what I use:Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel - 03 MediumI swear by it!  It has a kind of color and paste in it with tiny little hairs.  I wear a dirty blonde wig but have darker eyebrows.  I buy the lightest color because (like everyhing) it always looks darker.  Don't get a real dark color.  You can also get it at a lot of places.  It runs between $20-$24 but it lasts a few months and is worth it.  It is waterproof.  I'd list the places but don't want to get deleted.......

I get compliments on how I look younger than 70.  I say, "Smoke and mirrors" because it is a lot about makeup.  I read, young people have the same color skin all over their face, their brows are usually fuller (don't makes your skinny, things like that.

Honored Contributor

tebsr38--so sorry about your moms recurrence!! boy, she is my hero and to have you there to help is wonderful!!

when i lost my brows and hair to chemo , i went to a look great, feel better class at the hospital and was given a goodie bad with IT brand eyebrow pencil--it was the best!! and i got really good at drawing on my brows with it. I also made sure that the brow area was dry and did not have any oil from skincare on it. maybe just a dusting of powder foundation or concealer over top. that way the brow pencil with go on smooth and not wear away. then i swept some clear mascara over the whole thing and it was there all day. i NEVER go out without my brows on, to this day.

good luck to you both!!!

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

So sorry your Mom has to go thru chemo for the 3rd time. My brother is also having it for the third time. She is lucky to have you. Pick one of these many suggestions that are affordable for you. If you use a pencil first,then I would suggest to add a brow powder so the brows will look more natural.
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

This is what I use:Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel - 03 MediumI swear by it!  It has a kind of color and paste in it with tiny little hairs.  I wear a dirty blonde wig but have darker eyebrows.  I buy the lightest color because (like everyhing) it always looks darker.  Don't get a real dark color.  You can also get it at a lot of places.  It runs between $20-$24 but it lasts a few months and is worth it.  It is waterproof.  I'd list the places but don't want to get deleted.......

I get compliments on how I look younger than 70.  I say, "Smoke and mirrors" because it is a lot about makeup.  I read, young people have the same color skin all over their face, their brows are usually fuller (don't makes your skinny, things like that.

@Annabellethecat66

I ordered this based on your recommendation.  Thanks.