Frequent Contributor

Best brow product for hair loss due to chemo

I'm hoping for some feedback please. My mom is going to go through chemo for the 3rd time. The first two she didn't lose her hair, this time her dr said she would. We are in the process of getting a wig but I need some suggestions for what has worked best for others for an easy but good brow product. I know every product works different on eveyone but I would love to know where to start.

Thank you in advance

Honored Contributor

Re: Best brow product for hair loss due to chemo

[ Edited ]

I have had NO brows for some 50 years, due to a stupid accident I had.

I have been using Anastasia brow whiz  OR  MAC crayon for brows.

I like Anastasia the best for fine tuning. Feather stroking is fabulous with this brow whiz. It is a very fine point twist up pencil. Never need to sharpen.  this pencil comes in several shades, I am using taupe ( my hair is very fine-brownish with hints of gray-frosted ash blonde thrown in)

Mac also does good too, but the fine stroking is the best with my Anastasia pencil.

Hope you are able to find a pencil your mom likes.

Honored Contributor

both brown pencils I purchase at Nordstrom for about $16 for Mac and $23 for Anastasia

Mac also has an assortment of color for brow pencils too. 

I use the color Fling  for my brow color.

Honored Contributor

Found item you might like A285971 Three different pencils. Brow pencil waterproof. You choose the shade. I'm ordering myself.
Honored Contributor

Don't have it at hand but I found a wonderful crayon type product by Maybelline for about $10. It goes on very smoothly, lasts even through a shower and a little goes a long way. Best of luck to your mom. Hope you find something that works for her Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried quite a few brow products and always go back to YBF brow pencil. (HSN) It is very forgiving to use and is universal tint. I always had thick black brows but due to medication they are very thin and sparse. Even if I use some other brow pencil, I still "touch up" with the YBF pencil. It is also budget friendly. Good Luck. 

Esteemed Contributor

I recommend Anastasia's DipBrow. It's a creamed waterproof pomade.  Because it's a pomade it adhere's to, and does not smudge or budge, on bare skin like no pencil or powder brow product can. It's $18, but you would have to purchase a brow brush applicator if you do not already have one.  Anastasia's brush is $18, but if that sounds steep to you, it isn't a difficult search to find one for about $10.

Esteemed Contributor

Believe it or not ELF Brow Wiz ($2) gets better reviews on Makeup Alley than most eyebrow products. It get 4.5/5 and 95% would buy it again. That beats Anastasia and a lot of other brands. For $2 it id definitely worth a try.  

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Lancome makes a powder pencil that also goes on nicely, but I was able to keep most of my brows when I went thru chemo.

Bless both of you, all best wishes.

Esteemed Contributor

Benefit has some nice kits on Sephora. Just determine what you want for your brows and pick a kit.