Respected Contributor

Re: Best and worst beauty purchases for 2020

[ Edited ]

Best:

• Milk blushes; beautiful colors and a nice blend. 
  • Rare Beauty highlighter and foundation. I like all my Rare Beauty makeup. 
  • Trinny London eye2eye shadow and BFF face tint. My recent Trinny London order was placed on Dec 22 and arrived Dec 24–from London!

Worst:

• Urban Decay eyelid primer. Simply didn’t work.
  • Milk matcha cleanser
Valued Contributor

Best:  It Cosmetics CC Cream, original.  This has been around a long time, but I've only recently started using it.  It only takes a bit, and I don't like the way it looks when going on, but by the time I've set it with my Jane Iredale Mineral powder and made it out the door, my skin looks so smooth and clear.  Love it!

Worst:  Lancome Definicils Defining and Lengthening Mascara in waterproof.  The absolute worst for the price, ever.  Dry as a bone, and scantly pigmented.  Total failure.  I'm accustomed to using waterproof mascara in many brands, but this one is absolutely terrible.  

Super Contributor

Agree on the eyeliners.  Colors were pretty but went in the trash

Honored Contributor

@SunValley 

I'm also a fan of Rare Beauty's highlighters and blushes.  I have two of each, but, I just decided that the foundation was too much work for my dry skin.

Contributor

My eyelids were so sensitive, red and sore from the same product.  I thought it was just some eczema but now I know that I am not the only one who had this problem.

Honored Contributor

@dakotacheryl 

The resurfacing product you mentioned...can you tell me what it did for your skin...I am VERY DRY and have used my fair share of products to help the dryness as well as the flaky skin I have on my face...so tired of trying products that make my skin feel less dry but the flakyness remains.

Resurfacing Compound....is that what you used?

I looked up the U Beautyn ane and that is what I found, thanks. 

@dakotacheryl wrote:

Best skin care purchases were the two items in the U-Beauty line...the hydrator and the resurfacer.

Best makeup purchases -

Eye pod eyeshadows and cream blushes from Westman-Atelier

Surratt Noir Lash Tint mascara

Chanel le rouge duo ultra tenue lip stick/lip gloss 

Worst purchases-

Skincare - the overpriced Sisley skin care items

Makeup - the Wayne Goss lipsticks

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 

OMGosh!  That Stoned Rose face palette is gorgeous!  I'm finding too many things I want with my Ulta and Sephora gift cards!

Valued Contributor

Best:

Dyson hair dryer.  Never did I think I would splurge on this but Ulta had it for 20% off and I used my $128 in points so it brought it to $192.  I absolutely love it.

Another hair splurge, the HairMax Laserband 41.  I've been using this for 4 months and am seeing a lot of new hair growth.  Also, I am not shedding as much hair.

Charlotte Tilbury setting spray.  Just got this a month ago and it is perfect and contains no alcohol.

Worst:

Nars Soft Matte foundation.  Used alone, even very sparingly, this looks very heavy on my skin.  I can make it work by mixing it with a moisturizer or a lightweight foundation.  

Esteemed Contributor

@artycat wrote:

I've really like almost everythiing that I got this year.

Best: Beekman bar soap any flavor. It's mild and I occasionally use it on my face. My husband loves it because he's moisturizered right out of the shower. I also have found good things by sliding back to Dr. Denese. 

Worst: Wen.

I purchased 4 full Beekman sets when they had the TSV. Also purchased 8 small bars of soap. I gave 2 full sets for Christmas presents ---- then, I broke down the 2 other sets and gave to 2 other people. Great Gifts. I gave 1 full set to my dental hygenist and she wrote me a note saying WOW!!!!!.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SunValley 

I'm also a fan of Rare Beauty's highlighters and blushes.  I have two of each, but, I just decided that the foundation was too much work for my dry skin.

@monicakm my skin is on the dry side so I use an oil glow serum and then the foundation. It has a beautiful finish.