Honored Contributor

Re: Best and worst beauty purchases for 2020

@SunValley 

Oil glow serum?  I'll have to google that.  I've never heard of it.  Thanks!  

Trusted Contributor

@dakotacheryl wrote:

Best skin care purchases were the two items in the U-Beauty line...the hydrator and the resurfacer.

Best makeup purchases -

Eye pod eyeshadows and cream blushes from Westman-Atelier

Surratt Noir Lash Tint mascara

Chanel le rouge duo ultra tenue lip stick/lip gloss 

Worst purchases-

Skincare - the overpriced Sisley skin care items

Makeup - the Wayne Goss lipsticks

@dakotacheryl I just received a small size (about a week's worth) of the resurfacer. My skin is acting a little nutty so I haven't used it yet. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what it has done for you. TIA

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@ElvisShops I love my simplified routine using only two skincare products. The resurfacer has retinol etc. I only use one pump (night time) and my sensitive skin is more evenly toned, redness areas have diminished or disappeared, pores look smaller. I don't really have wrinkles (63 yo but have always used sunscreen etc.), but the texture and tone of my skin is really smooth now. I am still using my initial 1.0 oz bottle (a little over 3 months daily use).

I use two pumps of the Hydrator morning and night on my whole face and neck area. My initial 1.7 oz bottle lasted me 3 months.

My skin type is sensitive combo with drier areas for cheeks and oiler area in my T-zone.

Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   this is the reply I just left for 

@ElvisShops I love my simplified routine using only two skincare products. The resurfacer has retinol etc. I only use one pump (night time) and my sensitive skin is more evenly toned, redness areas have diminished or disappeared, pores look smaller. I don't really have wrinkles (63 yo but have always used sunscreen etc.), but the texture and tone of my skin is really smooth now. I am still using my initial 1.0 oz bottle (a little over 3 months daily use).

I use two pumps of the Hydrator morning and night on my whole face and neck area. My initial 1.7 oz bottle lasted me 3 months.

My skin type is sensitive combo with drier areas for cheeks and oiler area in my T-zone.

Our skin types are very different, but I would think that the resurfacer would help exfoliate your flaky areas. The Resurfacer is not for hydration. If your skin is very dry, the Hydrator might not be enough of a moisturizer for you. It is definitely a lotion, and it sounds like you need a cream formulation.

Honored Contributor

@dakotacheryl    Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.  I do not like using a lot of products either.

Trusted Contributor

@dakotacheryl wrote:

@dakotacheryl Thank you for the response. My skin is very sensitive and combo leaning more on the oily side. I have used Retin A for years. Do you think it is the retinol in the resurfacer that is doing most of the work in terms of the benefits you are seeing?

Also, how does the hydrator feel on your skin? I can't stand anything that feels sticky or heavy.

Thanks again.

Regular Contributor

Best products: 1) It Cosmetics Illumination Powder Duo in Med Tan; 2) Clinique Quickliner/Intense in 3 colors.

Worst product:  Love Beauty and Planet shampoo. Threw it out it was so drying on my 71 yr old hair. Icky stuff. 

Esteemed Contributor

Add to my short list: Absolute best for me this year was Gallany lipsticks and cheek & face duos. TY to whomever recommended Gallany!

Valued Contributor

The 2 best of 2020 are:

Thrive mascara - small brush and not as dry as some new others.

Clinique eye primer and eyeliner brush.

Respected Contributor

Best -- Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara, Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize cream eyeshadow

Worst - Wet 'n Wild foundation