Trusted Contributor

Best Vitamin C for Skin Discoloration?

There are tons of good vitamin c products out there. I am looking for one that is especially good at lightening brown spots and brightening skin. Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Vitamin C for Skin Discoloration?

If your spots are really "brown"..........Vit C will NOT do the trick.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

If your spots are really "brown"..........Vit C will NOT do the trick.   

Yes, I would try usimg 4% Hydroquinone for about 3 months, then stop, should do the trick.

Respected Contributor

you probably need to see your derm, but we did have a poster who showed amazing results using ponds clarant b3 dark spot correcting cream with vitamins b3 and c.  i have it and like it, but don't have any dark spots.  you can find it at target and maybe walmart.

she used it in conjunction with a retinol product at night if i'm not mistaken and her results were outstanding.  don't forget your sunscreen while using any of these products.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used sunscreen and retin a for years and years. I have a spot on my right temple. I think I had a blemish there. Anyway, I now have a spot, not dark brown but darker than my skin. I have a couple of others, but that one is most noticeable.

I appreciate your responses.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

n/m

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with JLF on the Skinn Bright Spot.  I didn't use it on my face, but I did use it on the backs of my hands.  My "age" spots disappeared.  Be patient!  It took 3-4 months and 4 bottles of the Bright Spot to do it trick, but it definitely worked for me!   I recommend it highly.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I have a few lighter brown spots & some acne scarring. The only thing that helped mine was using Isomers Retiniacin & her Vit C serum. It does not work overnight. I have been using it for over a year now.

Honored Contributor

Try Isomers Illumi Bright, the Skinn product did nothing for me.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are loads of raves on amazon for ponds b3 clarant cream, especially from people left with marks from pimples. 

You can get a mini 1.75 Oz jar at Dollar General to try it out...