Super Contributor

Re: Best Texturizer for short spikey hair

Yes, thanks for everyone who took the time to post! I will write down the names of products and compare!

Esteemed Contributor

I used to think it was Redkin Rewind, now I use Kenra Sculpting Taffy . It's expensive 22 dollars for just 2 oz., but it works great and my hair lasts the entire day. It's the Best I've used yet.
Trusted Contributor

First I use Sexy hair Play dirty and then I use the one bling queen recommended.

Trusted Contributor

I like the Wen balm (it's in a stick form) and the Wen Volumizing Treatment Spray. Can use separately or mix them together in your hands and then apply. I get shine and hold without dryness.

Try rubbing the stick on your hand a couple of times, then 4 sprays of the VTS. Rub your hands together and work it into root area, then piece it out.

KJPA
Super Contributor

I use Bed Head "The Manipulator", you need just a small dad to spike and separate your hair. Available at most grocery, drug and specialty cosmetic stores.
Esteemed Contributor

Just grew my hair out to white, so it's rather short. My hair is medium fiine and has too much natural wave, so I'm always fighting with it. I wanted to go with something upbeat, so was looking for a product such as you are, so happened to ask DH what that yellow tube was that's on his side of the shelves in the bathroom. He told me that's his new moustache "glue" and he loves it. So, I tried it on my hair, as it's a spiking glue. It's fabulous! The product is "got2b glued," styling spiking glue in a 6 oz bright yellow tube by Schwartzkopf.

When I don't use this and want a softer, piecier look vice spikey I go with "short sezy hair, Play Dirty, by DOT2Q, described as texturizing hairspray (you spray it on while liftiing shanks of hair, then manipulate pieces as you wish. It comes in a 4.8 oz silver tone spray can about 7" in height. If you like to skip days between shampoos, this product is perfect for that, as you can douse your hair with warm water on day 2, follow with a leave-in conditioner, then re-apply after your hair is dry.

Both products made in the USA.

Valued Contributor

Aquage Illuminating Gelade. Then, hairspray....

I tried every single texturizer, wax, etc. when I had short spiky hair. Aquage is the best, but like all, I had to top with hair spray. I have fine, no body, no volume hair!

My hair is a bit longer now with a different style, so I don't have to use a texturizer. I could load up a huge bag with all I have tried!