Esteemed Contributor

I have an oily, sensitive complexion and also recommend anything with the CeraVe name on it.  The ceramides retain moisture in your skin and this brand is recommended by dermatologists and WebMD.   That said, I usually use Neutrogena - either their Foaming Cleanser in the blue pump bottle, or the Deep Clean which is a gold color in a clear bottle.

Both CeraVe and Neutrogena brands are available at drugstores or supermarkets. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I have an oily, sensitive complexion and also recommend anything with the CeraVe name on it.  The ceramides retain moisture in your skin and this brand is recommended by dermatologists and WebMD.   That said, I usually use Neutrogena - either their Foaming Cleanser in the blue pump bottle, or the Deep Clean which is a gold color in a clear bottle.

Both CeraVe and Neutrogena brands are available at drugstores or supermarkets. 

@tototwo   I’ll add Cetaphil cleanser to your choices. All three are great. 

Respected Contributor

I also have oily/combination skin.  And I have been enjoying the Corsrx Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser.  You can find it at Ulta online.  It is super gentle.  I use it morning and night.  But for night time, I use another cleanser to take off the makeup (either micellar water or a cleansing oil), then use this after.  It does contain tea tree oil, but that is a good oil for your skin.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I also love Cetaphil...but I make sure to get the formula for Normal to Oily Skin. The formula that says "Gentle Cleanser" does NOT remove my makeup completely--and I don't wear that much! 

I just refuse to cleanse my skin twice...i.e., using a "makeup remover" then washing my face. Cetaphil removes my eye makeup just fine (including the waterproof eyeliner I sometimes use).

Trusted Contributor

@Alison Wonderland  You handled that very diplomatically.  Smiley Happy

Spoiler
Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all again for your educated suggestions - much appreciated!

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@Shanus I also love Cetaphil...but I make sure to get the formula for Normal to Oily Skin. The formula that says "Gentle Cleanser" does NOT remove my makeup completely--and I don't wear that much! 

I just refuse to cleanse my skin twice...i.e., using a "makeup remover" then washing my face. Cetaphil removes my eye makeup just fine (including the waterproof eyeliner I sometimes use).

@vermint   I look at a makeup remover and cleanser as two separate products. I use a cleanser at night that removes all makeup (eye mu, too) that’s a cleansing oil. Cetaphil in the morning when I just need a mild cleanser to rinse off the residue of moisturizers from overnight. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Truly, goat milk soap is the gentlest and effective cleanser out there.  I have oily, acne prone skin and the charcoal one from Beekman is amazing.  I use the charcoal at night and the regular facial bar in the morning. 

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed  I use BWC Herbal Cream cleanser.  It is soap free so it never dries your skin.  Made with essential oils.  I don't know if this would be something you are interested in or not.  I buy mine at iherb.com

kindness is strength