Honored Contributor

Re: Best OTC Eye Cream

[ Edited ]

Now, lots of eye creams have Retinol in them, probably in small percentages. 

Trusted Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I'm surprised that the  ROC eye cream has retinol in it. You aren't supposed to use retinol around the eye area.  

@LuvmyLab - Really? Lots of lines have retinol for the eye, Shisedo, Neutrogena, Murad, Peter Thomas Roth, etc...

Honored Contributor

I use my face moisturizer around my eye area. I treat with eye serum and then moisturize with face cream. If you have the right face cream, which you can only know from trial and error, it will work well around the eyes without irritating them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

That's what I had read about using retinol around the eyes. I didn't realize that so  many eye products contained retinol.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I dont use OTC eye creams now but love M Asam Vino Lift Eye Cream. It works well for me. Smooths out under eye and helps the tiny crows feet I have right now!! Woman Very Happy

@CherryHugs I have been using M Asam Vino GOLD eye cream for years, wouldn't want to be without it.  But, for serums and face creams I prefer the Vino LIFT line.  

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

That's what I had read about using retinol around the eyes. I didn't realize that so  many eye products contained retinol.

The biggest problem with using retinol around the eyes is that it dries out the skin, and most of us don't want to deal with even drier more crinkley skin around our eyes.

Plus, retinol requires wearing sunscreen during the day. And most sunscreens hurt when you put them close to the eye and they run in there. Hardly anyone wants to get a special eye sunscreen or have to wear sunglasses whenever they leave the house just so they can use retinol directly on the eyelid.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@CherryHugs wrote:

I dont use OTC eye creams now but love M Asam Vino Lift Eye Cream. It works well for me. Smooths out under eye and helps the tiny crows feet I have right now!! Woman Very Happy

@CherryHugs I have been using M Asam Vino GOLD eye cream for years, wouldn't want to be without it.  But, for serums and face creams I prefer the Vino LIFT line.  

Thanks to both of you @Icegoddess and @CherryHugs  for your recommendations. I am definitely looking for a multitasking eye cream. @CherryHugs  is this one of those eye creams that can only be used on the outer corners and underneath the eye? I have seen more than a few eye creams that say their creams are only to be used that way and not on the eye lids which makes no sense to me.

Looking for an eye cream that addresses dryness, dark circles, puffiness, tightens/smooths and gets rid of under eye lines (I don't have crows feet).

In other words, I am looking for a miracle eye cream that probably doesn't exist, LOL! 😁

Respected Contributor
I use Retin A under my eyes and when my skin looks dry I use CeraVe night cream or chuda.
I love chuda!!! 115,00 is steep though. I am looking for a dupe.?????
Esteemed Contributor

@sugar22 wrote:

I have used walmart Equate eye serum for years. Very similar to Olay regenerist. Love it. 

I've used many, many different eye things, and I liked the Equate very much, until I couldn't find it anymore. I haven't looked for it, because I thought it was discontinued.

Esteemed Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I use Retin A under my eyes and when my skin looks dry I use CeraVe night cream or chuda.
I love chuda!!! 115,00 is steep though. I am looking for a dupe.?????

@Brisky 

I like Chuda, too! I was mixing that w/ VP (for the green tea) and also a drop of rose hip seed oil. My skin is/was moisturized and comfortable all day long. I do not know a dupe.

But I think I discovered something....that a press in moisturizer, which was how I was applying it, is less skin smoothing than a smooth on application.

OP: I don't have eye cream recs that you can get off the shelf. My favorite eye cream & serum is Victoria Principal's. But for me that is extra eye support after my treatment things and regular moisturizer.