Occasional Contributor

Re: Best Mascara Suggestions ??

I'm 76 years old and stopped using mascara a few years ago because my lashes were growing in thin and growing in in odd directions. My problem was solved with that prescription product (which you can now get on the internet from an MD). I've been lazy about using it again since I spent most of last year in hospitals and got tired of the routine. However, I discovered a new mascara on Evine by a gentleman who used to be with Bare Minerals. His name/company is Bravon (check spelling). Now, I've tried every mascara in all my years, including the one from the guy who paints the bottom of his stilettos red (starts with an L). Ninety dollars! I used it once, and since the case is gorgeous, it is now a work of art on my vanity, but it didn't do much for my lashes. So I didn't expect much from this new brand but all the hosts were raving. I've used it twice on my thin distorted lashes and it's great! It has convinced me to go back to my routine with the prescription product (which worked beautifully), but meanwhile, it acually makes my lashes look good! You buy it as a twosome,it has a curved brush, and it is not expensive. Somewhat off subject, is there any way to contact other contributors? I was just reading from another contributor that she wished Nick Chavez would bring back his Amazon Inifinity Mist. I've just found it on EBay! I look for discontinued products there very frequently, and I have good luck. "Carrick", if you are out there and still looking for that product, try EBay.  Hope others have good luck with this new mascara. It is really up there with the best, except in price.

Honored Contributor

I'm 68 and my eye lashes are very fine, I just started using the tarte Big Ego mascara and I can't believe how long and thick my lashes look.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I haven’t posted in eons, but thought I’d throw my 2 cents in...I love to start with It Cosmetics Tightline primer and almost anything on top looks good. I did use Maybelline Lash Exact for awhile instead of the tightline. It’s a decent dupe, but not the same. Price difference is huge, though. Right now, I’m using Mac mascara. I almost always use waterproof due to smearing issues.
Esteemed Contributor

I use IT Superhero mascara!!!!! Its the bomb..I finally found my desert Island mascara! Lasts all day...lengthens the lashes, gentle and easy to take off! Woman HappyHeart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@SuSu wrote:

I'm 76 years old and stopped using mascara a few years ago because my lashes were growing in thin and growing in in odd directions. My problem was solved with that prescription product (which you can now get on the internet from an MD). I've been lazy about using it again since I spent most of last year in hospitals and got tired of the routine. However, I discovered a new mascara on Evine by a gentleman who used to be with Bare Minerals. His name/company is Bravon (check spelling). Now, I've tried every mascara in all my years, including the one from the guy who paints the bottom of his stilettos red (starts with an L). Ninety dollars! I used it once, and since the case is gorgeous, it is now a work of art on my vanity, but it didn't do much for my lashes. So I didn't expect much from this new brand but all the hosts were raving. I've used it twice on my thin distorted lashes and it's great! It has convinced me to go back to my routine with the prescription product (which worked beautifully), but meanwhile, it acually makes my lashes look good! You buy it as a twosome,it has a curved brush, and it is not expensive. Somewhat off subject, is there any way to contact other contributors? I was just reading from another contributor that she wished Nick Chavez would bring back his Amazon Inifinity Mist. I've just found it on EBay! I look for discontinued products there very frequently, and I have good luck. "Carrick", if you are out there and still looking for that product, try EBay.  Hope others have good luck with this new mascara. It is really up there with the best, except in price.

@SuSu   You can contact other contributors/posters by typing an @ and then their name exactly as it's written.  If their post is in the thread you're commenting on, a box will open up below the post.  You can click on their name there and it will page them in your post.  They will see a notification and can read your post.

I just sent you a notification by typing @ and then your name.  You should be able to see the notification in the red "notifications" at the top of the board.  The box beside it will tell you how many times your name was mentioned or paged.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

TARTE

LIGHTS, CAMERA, LASHES

Honored Contributor

I'm another former Mally-in-the-white-tube user. After her company was bought the formula changed. I think the new owners changed it to make it more cost productive for them. 

My new current favorite is Belle by Kim Gravel. Before that it was Kristofer Buckle.  Smiley Happy