Esteemed Contributor

any suggestions for a good masscara ? I'm presently using Mally volumizing,   But for some reason lately it isn't working for me.   Because of a newer medication I've noticed my lashes thinning a bit and this masscara is no longer the thick formula it once was so my results are not what they were.    Need a brand good for sensitive eyes that isn't clumping or hard to get off.   If you have a brand you like I'd love to hear from you.😺

Trusted Contributor

Re: Best Mascara Suggestions ??

I have sensitive eyes and love Marc Jacob Velvet Noir Major Volume, Chanel Le Volume, and Urban Decay Perversion.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chanel Le Volume! It's fab! Makes your eyes pop, doesn't flake off during the day, & the formula curls your lashes as you apply! The Best!!! Nordstrom "Mascara Madness" day is coming around Memorial Day weekend. Check it out!!

Respected Contributor

Found Mally mascara to have changed significantly for the worst after being sold.  After trying many brands ( all price ranges ), I have been using Maybelline Colossal Big Shot with great results.  One coat does it for me....and no flaking.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore   I've pretty much tried them all, but I've been using the Mally Lift and Curl for quite awhile now, and I like it the best so far.  It really sticks to my eyelashes, makes them look really dark and long, doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all, and washes off easily.   It has a curved brush, which I find makes it so much easier to get those little guys toward the inside corner of my eyes.  I would never use a straight brush again.

Here's another suggestion.  Try using a lash enhancer.  I've been using Rapidlash for several years, and it has really made my lashes grow so long that I'm sometimes tempted to trim a few of them because they touch my brow bone when I curl them.  It may or may not add thickness, but it will make them grow and not fall out like mine used to do.  I'm 70 years old BTW.

Laura loves cats!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks!   great suggestions !    I have a place to start now  and will check each one out .    ðŸ˜º

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I have to throw it out so often, I hate spending a lot of money on mascaras. So my vote goes to Jordana. It's good and very affordable. 

If I want to really get dramatic with my lashes then I use Ready To Wear Lash Extensions powder. That makes me look like I'm wearing falsies. 

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Kitty Galore   I've pretty much tried them all, but I've been using the Mally Lift and Curl for quite awhile now, and I like it the best so far.  It really sticks to my eyelashes, makes them look really dark and long, doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all, and washes off easily.   It has a curved brush, which I find makes it so much easier to get those little guys toward the inside corner of my eyes.  I would never use a straight brush again.

Here's another suggestion.  Try using a lash enhancer.  I've been using Rapidlash for several years, and it has really made my lashes grow so long that I'm sometimes tempted to trim a few of them because they touch my brow bone when I curl them.  It may or may not add thickness, but it will make them grow and not fall out like mine used to do.  I'm 70 years old BTW.

@2blonde, I used to use RapidLash and it worked for me.  But, after they changed their formula and removed the prostaglandin which mimics the active ingredient in Latisse, it no longer works for me. I have since switched over to MD Grande Lash which does work for me.  Thinking about changing over to Careprost though. 

Honored Contributor

I still use Prescriptives False Eyelashes. It’s a great mascara. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I like Lancôme Monsieur Big (Mr. Big). It adds volume to my lashes. I purchase the travel sized version so I don’t have a regular sized tube.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼