Respected Contributor

Re: Best Mascara Recommendations

These responses are great as I also would like to find a good mascara.

However, PLEASE put whether it's waterproof or not.  It makes a huge difference. 

Regular Contributor

Dior Iconic Overcurl (non waterproof version)

This curls my lashes and gives me volume that stays.  It does not smudge or flake. Does not clump on me either.  It is pricy but I usually buy during Mascara Madness sales at Nordstroms.

Super Contributor

My new favorite to use, gives extreme volume without a lot of effort, quick and easy!  

Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up!  

GLam Black - not-waterproof. The Bomb and it comes off with makeup remover no problem.

Valued Contributor

Giorgio Armani, Eyes to Kill, Classico.  I am over 60 and I don't want the "lots of lashes" look.  I just want a mascara that has a nice brush, goes on smoothly, doesn't clump, doesn't flake or smudge and makes what little lashes I have look respectable.   This is the one.   I do not believe it is waterproof.  It is a just a fantastic mascara. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

Actually I've discovered that Flowers (drew barrymore's brand) is pretty good! The one I purchased the wand adjusts for lengthening and thickening. Not bad at all for a cheapy.

I also really like IT Hello Lashes. I have 3 Lancomes in queue, and an Eyeko, but I haven't opened them yet. They'll be my first Lancomes but I couldn't pass up the deal on HSN!

Contributor

Thank you all so much for your favorites!  I greatly appreciate the feedback!

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

I love the cover girl  clump crusher in the green chubby tube. It curls my lashes and adds volume. It lasts, never clumps or flakes and washes off very easily.

On another post, Beauty Superstars, about favorite cosmetics several posted about Maybelline in the black tube, is also washable which I prefer.

Just Bee posted this

mascara

Yes, this is the only mascara I'll use, but if Maybelline stopped making it I might have to try the one from Lumene.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/lumene/_/Blueberry-Curl-Mascara

Even Paula likes it!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

just bee, no wonder I couldn't find that maybelline. I will look for this Lumene now, thanks.

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

just bee, no wonder I couldn't find that maybelline. I will look for this Lumene now, thanks.

Full 'N Soft is still available but a few years ago Maybelline stopped making it in dark brown.  I had to switch to black and I've adjusted.  It's just hard to find on sale in the stores because it sells out quickly.  Be warned: Lumene is REALLY hard to find!  And it's more expensive (maybe $10 a tube).

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

Full 'N Soft is still available but a few years ago Maybelline stopped making it in dark brown.  I had to switch to black and I've adjusted.  It's just hard to find on sale in the stores because it sells out quickly.  Be warned: Lumene is REALLY hard to find!  And it's more expensive (maybe $10 a tube).

thanks so much. I do prefer dark brown but like you, will use black when I can't get it. I don't like that real dark shiny black that so many seem to like and usually get black/brown but will settle for black if that is all they have. Thanks again.

I will check today for the Maybelline. If you try the Lumene will you please post and let us know how it is and if you like it as much as the full n soft.