Honored Contributor

Re: Best Makeup for HOT weather

If you decide to use a liquid makeup, you can add these drops by Catrice to make it last for the day (see description below).  Ulta sells this product for $7.99:

Catrice
Prime And Fine Make Up Transformer Drops Waterproof

Details

Make it waterproof! The Catrice Prime And Fine Make Up Transformer Drops instantly turn any liquid foundation into a waterproof formula! Simply add 1-3 drops into your favorite foundation and blend well. Perfect for summer, vacation, weddings, and other special events.

image.png

image.png

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I find just about any liquid or cream foundation I have tried ends up looking a mess or either feels hot and sticky after awhile. For summer, I wear Laura Geller Balance & Brighten a lot.  It as most know is a powder type but does no settle in lines, etc. the way most powders do on mature skin.  It gives nice coverage and since it is variegated, does not give the skin a flat color, but adds a nice flush of color.  Lasts well and I don't end up looking like a shiny, greasy mess! 

@AngelPuppy1  Yes, when it’s hot and sticky, I apply Bare Minerals powder foundation. I don’t find it aging. Applying a cream blush & setting it w/ powder blush in similar shade is a good idea. Waterproof liner/mascara are a must and I’d use an eye shadow primer to keep shadow true & in place. Lip colors that are overly moist or balm- like will tend to bleed or melt off. I’d try lining lips & filling in w/ liner before applying lipstick. 

If you find your skin is dry due to lack of humidity, use a richer moisturizer before powder foundation, but alow it to sink in and dry first. During the day, if you’re feeling oily, use blotting tissues instead of adding powder or more powder foundation. That will begin to look cakey.

Have a great time and remember the other women have the same makeup concerns, so don’t be too self conscious.

Respected Contributor

I was in a wedding party in the hot and humid summer in Georgia. I went with Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin foundation. I used Revlon Photo Ready primer under it and finished with Urban Decay's Up All Night setting spray and my makeup lasted even after they stuck some of us in a super humid room with no AC while we waited for the wedding to start. 

If you just want out and about daily wear, the Supergoop CC Cream is fantastic for hot and humid weather. It doesn't come in many shades, but if you can find one that matches, it's an excellent summer foundation.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer Dr. denese day cream which is an all in one product--moisturizer, sunscreen and light foundation. Stays on and does not run. I would just add eyeliner, mascara,brows, eyeliner and lipstick. Keep it simple in that heat and sun.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I find just about any liquid or cream foundation I have tried ends up looking a mess or either feels hot and sticky after awhile. For summer, I wear Laura Geller Balance & Brighten a lot.  It as most know is a powder type but does no settle in lines, etc. the way most powders do on mature skin.  It gives nice coverage and since it is variegated, does not give the skin a flat color, but adds a nice flush of color.  Lasts well and I don't end up looking like a shiny, greasy mess! 

I have to second this recommendation.  I live in a hot, humid climate - New Orleans - harder on make-up than Vegas's dry heat.  I apply moisturizer first and let it sink in, Elta MD sunscreen next, Laura Geller's Balance n Brighten, then Benefit Dandelion powder blush or LG's Tropics powder blush.  Also LG pencil liner and a powder eyeshadow.  Nothing "melts" away in the heat, which was not the case when I used various liquid foundations.  For me, powdered everything is the way to go in summer heat.  I have average skin, so not sure how well this would work for someone with dry skin.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

No make-up!!  You will probably be the prettiest one there (besides the bride Smiley Wink .

Have fun,

asltw

Respected Contributor

Best hot weather make up for me really means no make up.  I am very oily and hot humid summers are miserable for those of us that are oily. I much prefer a tinted spf with just a dusting of powder to set it and help to reduce oil/shine. (I love BM’s Bronzing Mineral Veil Spf 25 bc it add’s some color that I can control by how heavy or light I put it on.) If foundation is a must for you, then I would recommend LG’s Balance and Brighten or BareMinerals Mineral Foundation (my choice being the matter version). I’d set it then with UD’s De-Slick makeup setting spray.

Honored Contributor

Are you specifically looking for foundation? In summer I really like Bare Minerals original mineral foundation. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@ASLTW wrote:

No make-up!!  You will probably be the prettiest one there (besides the bride Smiley Wink .

Have fun,

asltw

I can't imagine going to an event such as a wedding and not wearing makeup. 

Respected Contributor

Jane Iredale's powder foundation. Great for heat and pictures.