Contributor

I'm going to be going to an outdoor wedding in Las Vegas in September.  Since the weather will still be in the 85-90 range I need some tried and true suggestions for makeup that holds up better then most.  I don't usually wear makeup when it is this warm but I need some suggestions.

Valued Contributor

Re: Best Makeup for HOT weather

beauty counter will stand up in the heat. only kind i wear.

Respected Contributor

EL Double Wear for me but I do have to put moisture under since it is oil free.

Respected Contributor

Whatever makeup you decide to use will probably stay in place better if you mist it with a setting spray.

Respected Contributor

YSL All Hours Foundation or Estée Lauder Double Wear. Get a sample of each to try  them out.

Esteemed Contributor

@fritzeeWhatever you wear please don't fall victim to the light stuff will feel better. It will also wear off faster in outdoor heat.  You need real foundation, water-resistant eyeliners and mascara.  Someone mentioned Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.  It's a great choice for long hours in heat.  A cream blush will stay in place longer than a powder blush once your face gets a bit moist.  That said It Cosmetics Vitlity Powder Blush Stain stays on through a long work day right through a evening of dancing. You probably have some favorite shades of powder eyeshadows, but a shadow base is highly recommended.  I like Urban Decay's Eye Potion primer family to help keep eye shadows extend the wear time of eye shaowd in any climate.  Laura Geller's liners last as long as any other I can think of.  Recently in summer heat, her Kajal's worked beautifully for me through a long day in which my makeup for an evening event had to be applied at noon, and wasn't removed until after midnight.  Don't forget the lips.  Urban Decay Vice Collection is terrific.  I also have to shout out It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Gloss Stain as a tremendous long wear product (color remains even through eating and drinking!).  

Whatever you decide to do enjoy the day.  Most likely you will carry your lip color in your purse, but I highly recommend tucking a powder foundation in there too.  If your face melts too much wipe it off and start over with a fresh face of powder foundation and lip touch up.  

Honored Contributor

An outdoor wedding in Las Vegas in September is going to be very hot. There’s not much of a difference from August to September. Be prepared.
Honored Contributor

I find just about any liquid or cream foundation I have tried ends up looking a mess or either feels hot and sticky after awhile. For summer, I wear Laura Geller Balance & Brighten a lot.  It as most know is a powder type but does no settle in lines, etc. the way most powders do on mature skin.  It gives nice coverage and since it is variegated, does not give the skin a flat color, but adds a nice flush of color.  Lasts well and I don't end up looking like a shiny, greasy mess! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I find the heat in LV to be extremely dry.  It is not humid at all. I do not find myself sweating when there at all.

Instead, all the moisture is sucked right out of my skin.  I find that I need to apply something to my lips often or they will crack.  I also need eye drops to be comfortable and a ton of moisturizer all over my body.  I do not use moisturizer in Pennsylvania which  gets very humid hot as my skin Is not dry.

Inside anywhere the the AC is blasting COLD. As soon as you go outside, it feels like you are sticking your head in a hot convection oven.  Thankfully, many places have mist fans outside to keep you more comfortable.

You might need make-up with more moisturizer or a cream variety.  A powder type might be too drying.

We do have a few posters who live near LV.  Perhaps they will weigh in.

Trusted Contributor

I had two outdoor weddings last summer here, both out in South Hampton and Montauk in July and August.  Although the temps weren't as high as in NV, the humidity was better than 85% !   I chose to wear BE's BarePro Liquid foundation and it didn't budge on my oily complexion.  I also very lightly misted it with a setting spray and I remained fresh as a daisy.  The foundation comes in a tremendous amount of shades and has a very natural, skin-like finish - highly recommend!