Trusted Contributor

I have very dry, coarse hair which seems to be getting drier as I get older.  My stylist told me that in addition to my weekly mask and after shampoo conditioner, I should also use a leave-in conditioner.  She used one on my hair last week (wonderful), I can't remember the name, doesn't matter, it was $35.00 for a small bottle... well beyond my budget.

Anyone have any favorites or recs. ?  Do you prefer a spray on or a cream?   

Super Contributor

Re: Best Leave-in Conditioner

Well, I have very different hair, but it is dry.  I use a bit of Wen to leave

in my hair, or use as my conditioner, even if I cleanse with another

shampoo.  Depends on my mood.  It works well.

Honored Contributor

Back when I was using a lot of heat styling tools, my hair became coarse and unmanageable. I looked around for something to tame, smooth and condition it with a leave-in product. I came across this Suave, yes Suave, and it was one of the best leave-in products I tried at the time. If you look around at the web for this cream leave-in you'll find a ton of highly-rated reviews for it. People, including myself, just love it. It says it's a 'heat defense leave-in' but I used it all the time even without heat.  For starters just read the reviews on Makeupalley or on Amazon.  Don't let the name brand or price fool you. It's really good stuff and I think worth trying.

Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Heat Defense Leave-in Conditioner  - $3

2f10ad50-6530-4432-9da2-4a6d24215e9c_1.145f90b1e365ce6d3901268d86739201.jpeg

Respected Contributor

There are many good leave-ins and many aren’t pricey!  My hair is the ultimate dry, and coarse, I use many layers of creams, oils, etc. I like monoi oil by Carols daughter, Shea moisture leave-in, and garnier fructise has some all natural creams that are leav ins... you have to try a few things to find what works.  Maybe you know this, but  Don’t use stripping shampoos either, use a cleansing conditioner, or else you lose the natural oils, only makes hair super dry...    good luck and Have fun with it!  

Esteemed Contributor

I had extremely dry, brittle, coarse hair all my life, and made the switch to WEN products after extended illness.

My hair is softer, stronger, actually 'nice' to touch (that's a first) and the hair I lost to illness has all grown back in, nice and thick. 

To keep costs down with WEN, you can use the same product to serve as your 'shampoo', conditioner, leave in conditioner, and moisturizing hair mask. That's all you'd need.

Right NOW you can still get the recent WEN TSV on free shipping.

The Seasonal trio will be your richest choice for dry, coarse hair.

Price per ounce, this is the best WEN deal of the year.

Along with that I'd say add a treatment oil, but you can hold off on that expense.

Do you like florals?

The floral scented WEN treatment oils are available in spring.

Trusted Contributor

@Quinny I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-in Conditioner.  Really like how my hair feels afterwards.  Only takes a small amount.

Respected Contributor

@QuinnyThis is what I use and it is the best I have found. It is a bit high in price but it lasts a long time. Also, their other products are good too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Quinny  Infusium is excellent.  Sold at Target maybe drug stores too.  It use to be in a white bottle with brown letters, etc.   Years ago, my hair stylist told me about it.  13 oz. $4.99

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I had been using chi, it was very nice but if you let your hair air dry it can make your hair crunchy. I see Paul Mitchell makes a tea tree one now that  I have been wanting to try.

Respected Contributor

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now & like it, though I replaced the sprayer with a spare flip-top cap I had because I don't really like spraying products where all of it doesn't always land on my hair!  I pour a little in my hand & rub them together & run them thru my damp hair before blow-drying it. I think I got it at Walmart or maybe, Target, can't recall.

Image result for not your mother's naturals leave-in