Honored Contributor

Re: Best Gray Eyeliner Pencil?

On 9/8/2014 gail n said:

Ulta brand twist up eyeliner ""pencil"" in charcoal. I've been using it for years. It stays on all day. They have a couple grays so make sure you check the name of the color on the side of the pencil. I stock up when they're $1 or $2.

I haven't tried the self sharpening ones but I find in general that their store brand product is very good! And they don't test on animals!
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Andreatoo said: Quinny: if you're on a budget may I recommend the Ulta store brand gel pencil liner? great pigment, glide on smoothly, and stay on all day! You can generally get them for 6 a piece but they have lots of sales at half price and when I purchased the entire line up they were a dollar! I am enjoying them immensely i switch out colors every few days, but I've been using the copper and it looks gorgeous. for not a lot more money Inglot has terrific product that doesn't budge and very interesting colors!

Thanks for posting this info. While I'm not (necessarily) looking for new eyeliner pencils, I often wondered how the Ulta brand products compare to the more expensive brands.

Super Contributor

Revlon Colorstay or Loreal Silkessime

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 F1wild said:
On 9/8/2014 Andreatoo said: Quinny: if you're on a budget may I recommend the Ulta store brand gel pencil liner? great pigment, glide on smoothly, and stay on all day! You can generally get them for 6 a piece but they have lots of sales at half price and when I purchased the entire line up they were a dollar! I am enjoying them immensely i switch out colors every few days, but I've been using the copper and it looks gorgeous. for not a lot more money Inglot has terrific product that doesn't budge and very interesting colors!

Thanks for posting this info. While I'm not (necessarily) looking for new eyeliner pencils, I often wondered how the Ulta brand products compare to the more expensive brands.

I started with one of their kits when they were buy one get the second one half off and was pleasantly surprised with the performance of all the products in the kit. while it was mainly color stuff like shadows, brow powder, blush and bronzer, (the regular pencil liner was terrible) I have since purchased their primer and was happy with that as well.
Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 9/8/2014 F1wild said:

I started with one of their kits when they were buy one get the second one half off and was pleasantly surprised with the performance of all the products in the kit. while it was mainly color stuff like shadows, brow powder, blush and bronzer, (the regular pencil liner was terrible) I have since purchased their primer and was happy with that as well.

Good to know. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Smokey by Palladio, retractable herbal pencils, these are terrific.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks friends for your time and consideration and all of your wonderful recommendations!

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Quinny said:

I need a new eyeliner pencil. I tried on a gray pencil at the MAC counter and liked it, but it was not within my budget.

I have to have a pencil. I only have sight in one eye and trying to do the brush and ar of liner is just too much too manage.

What is your mid to low priced favorite? Thanks all!

Quinny, I respect your budget limitations and think you will like Maybelline's Master Smoky Longwear Pencil. Smoky Gray would be the color you want. Master Drama is also good. I have the brown one, but there is a gray.

I also like Tarte liners. I realize that ordinarily they are out of your price range, but use the power of your computer to search for coupons or discounts. You'd be surprised at the amount one can save on prestige brands by doing this. The Tarte site regularly has discount offers of up to 30%. At the moment my favorite liner is Smashbox's Always Sharp. Smoke Gray is one of the colors I have and it's a very nice option over black or brown. I find myself reaching for the Smashbox Smoke Gray liner more than any other in my makeup case lately.

Super Contributor

I have used Cover Girls Perfect Point Plus in Charcoal- I don't like to sharpen pencils, so it winds up- it has a tendency to "travel" but it does not pull on your eyes.

Super Contributor

I have been wearing Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick Guilt Grey. (I use as eyeliner). I wear eye cream everyday and this does not smudge at all.