Honored Contributor

Re: Best Foundation for Aging Skin?

@AngelPuppy1- I've been wanting to try Balance and Brighten for a long time now and after reading your satisfaction with the product, I'm encouraged to do so.  Glad you found something that works so well for you and thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

@patticakes  Check out Rihanna's new foundation.  She has tons of shades with different undertones and it is more reasonably priced.  Or you could also look into Stila which is another middle of the road price wise but excellent product.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformedwrote:

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

I have been on this quest for a number of years --- yes, years!  If you knew how many liquid, stick and cream foundations, tinted moisturizers, powders, CC and BB creams I have tried and have, you wouldn't believe it!  So, I know what you are feeling!  

I love the concept of since getting older, it's better to wear less on your skin so the products don't sink into the lines, etc.  And I am so envious of people who have really nice skin and don't have much or anything to cover!  

I would love to be able to wear no makeup or just a tinted moisturizer, however, I have quite a few issues and this just doesn't work for me!  I have very fair, sentive skin.  I have rosacea, broken caps, fine lines, redness, small brown spots, etc.  

Right now ---- the face product or makeup, if you will, that works the best for me is Laura Geller --- Balance and Brighten.  I almost quit wearing it because I couldn't find a shade that I thought was right.  The very lightest made me look dead!  I went up to "Fair" and thought --- oh, this is too dark.  However, after wearing it for awhile, I realize that it is giving much needed color, warmth and life to my complexion! 

Since wearing it, I have gotten so many compiments on my skin.  On my skin --- not my makeup!  For example, I had to go for a medical test the other day and the technician was looking at me and asked for me birth date,  She looked confused and then said --- Oh, my, really?  I would never have guessed.  Your skin looks beautiful!  I was so tickled.  I have not received compliments like this in ages!  

I love with B&B that it is does not lay heavy on your skin --- feels like nothing.  Not greasy, not masky.  And so quick and easy to do.  And it lasts all day!  I either use her regular Spackle or I use Almay primer.

Maybe this is something you would like to give a try!  Oh, by the way I am nearly 66!  

I truly do not want to burst anyone's bubble here, or anywhere else on these boards where I see this recurring comment BUT....

Part of training in the healthcare industry is the psychology aspect when treating patients.  They are encouraged to compliment patients/clients on their physical appearance to boost one's confidence and make them feel good to distract them from the purpose of their visit.  This isn't to say that ALL comments and compliments are disingenuous, just that this is part of their bedside manner or otherwise taught skills when interacting with the public.

My purpose of saying this is, do not rely on these compliments alone if you want to get an accurate assessment of the skincare/makeup you are using which I know is important to all here or would not be here otherwise on these boards. 

I'm kindly just keeping it real. 

@fitfuninformed

I appreciate your comments and I DO realize that this happens.  However, I have gotten these compliments from people in all sectors --- and some from total strangers.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Galwrote:

@AngelPuppy1- I've been wanting to try Balance and Brighten for a long time now and after reading your satisfaction with the product, I'm encouraged to do so.  Glad you found something that works so well for you and thanks for sharing!

@San Antonio Gal

I hope you like it, also.  It is hard to make a recommendation because you don't want others to be disappointed with the results.  As I have posted, I never wanted to spend much on foundations, etc.  I am pretty much a drug store girl!  And I love the majority of things that I get there! However, I just was not finding a foundation that I thought looked decent and was easy!  When I started watching some demos of Laura Geller makeup, for some reason, it just clicked with me.  If you try, I hope it works for you! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

I have this too and like that it makes my skin look dewy, but someone younger who is concerned about oily looking skinmay not like this foundation. Also, you have to remember to shake it really well!

Esteemed Contributor

@patticakes  My skin is in very good condition, but I am find it more challenging to wear makeup as the decade of being 60+ rolls on.  I keep evolving my skincare to stay on top of how good my makeup looks.  To answer your question of a foundation recommendation, from what you wrote, I assume that you have combination aging skin with an oily t-zone. If so, that is quite similar to mine. If I have that correct, my recommendations would be Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra, Too Faced Born This Way,  and Estee Lauder Double Wear. 

.As much as I like the other two foundation, Born This Way was been a most pleasant surprise.  I usually am not impressed with Too Faced products when I see them in person, so I had not paid much attention to the Born This Way line in the brand.  Well one day, during a Too Faced show, Jillian Barbieri must have used a word(s) which struck a chord with me because I mosied over to Ulta to try this foundation on.  While there I also added the concealer and finishing powder.  A few hours later my face looked better than it did when I applied the products (the color and textures had settled with my chemistry).   I went back the next day and purchased all three products.  Also, as others have suggested please try a primer before applying your makeup.  My primer of choice is Laura Geller's Spackle.  My favorite in the Spackle family is Champagne, but for a newbie please start with the original clear.