Honored Contributor

Re: Best Foundation for Aging Skin?

[ Edited ]

Try aveeno cc cream ,or neutrogean sheers spf 30.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I had seen the great reviews for Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation all over the place from beauty blogger and youtubers. I picked up a bottle because at $5.99 if I didn't like it, I wasn't going to be out much. I really really like it a lot.

IfI wear foundation I  normally wear Armani Luminous Silk Foundation which I really love but I have been liking the WNW foundation a tiny bit more. I think both would be good in regards to not sinking into pores or lines though Armani is expensive. 

I will be 48 next month. I work in the beauty industry as an esthetician and I take really good care of my skin. I have worn SPF every single day for at least 25 yrs and I have laid out in the sun maybe 2 times so I don't have a lot of lines but when I smile and the small lines around the eyes, this foundation does not collect in. 

Both have buildable coverage but I wouldn't say either are heavy coverage. IMO the heavier the coverage you get in a foundation, the more chance it will go into the lines and pores. 

I would give Wet N Wild foundation a shot. Also, have you ever tried a tinted moisturizer? You don't get as much coverage but you could use a concealer for the areas that need extra attention. I think the older you get it looks better to lighten up on the amount of coverage. It just emphasizes those areas.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Regular Contributor

I like

A231985
IT Cosmetics Anti-Aging Full Coverage Physical SPF50 CC Cream

It covers redness and all the brown spots on my face. Because it has has an spf of 50, i use it as my sunscreen. I can't even feel it on my face! It is light and buildable. I bought it when they had a super-size, but don't worry if you have to buy the smaller one because it really lasts a long time. A little dab will do ya!

Also, it has anti aging serum built in, i believe.

I have medium skin, freckles, rosacea and am 51 yrs old

Occasional Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Philosophy a hope in a jar skin tint. Read the reviews. I am in my mid 60’s and love this stuff. 

Occasional Contributor

IT has a new foundation shipping on advance order to  2/24 - it sounds like it would be something we would like if we can get the right shade . Think its called BYE BYe lines.  I currently use the IT CC illumination which I like a lot.

Super Contributor

Hands down, it cosmetics cc cream or the new Bye Bye Foundation Moistuizer. Beautiful for aging skin. Period

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincesswrote:

@patticakeswrote:

I'm looking for a new fiundation for my over 60, t zone skin.  I've tried a lot of different ones, some from the Q and some from the drugstore, but still haven't found one that I love.  I'm looking for one that gives good coverage, doesn't sink into pores or lines and has a bit of moisture but not so much that it looks greasy and shiny after an hour or so.  Also, my skin tone is light on the warmer side and many of the foundations make me look too yellow.  It would be great to find one that is not too expensive.  Any suggestions?

Every person is different but your foundation is only as good as your skin. Someone on tv (don’t remember) once said treat your face as a canvas. If your skin is treated properly your foundation will go on effortlessly. I spend more money 💴 on skin care (philosophy, Clinique). BTW I stopped foundation all together 2 years ago. 

@OKPrincess  Good for you! Of course I agree about the skincare. I also only wear foundation on rare occasions. Daily it’s a tinted moisturizer w/ spf. It is not an over night process to have “makeup optional” (thanks Philosophy) skin. I’ve paid more attention to my skincare than makeup since my teens...although it is never too late to start. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

Whatever you use as your foundation, it's best to apply a primer first to prevent it from settling into pores, fine lines and wrinkles. When you use a primer then you may find that you can use more than just a limited type of foundation.

@SilleeMee  It’s also OK to use 2 primers...one for the oily areas & another for the rest of the face. This would also keep foundation from changing color during the day.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - What tinted moisturizer do you recommend?