Esteemed Contributor

I like Neutrogena foaming cleanser.

Regular Contributor

Another vote for Tatcha. It's gentle and moisturizing and removes makeup easily. I've really started to love oil cleansers and this is the best one. I have sensitive skin and this works so well for me. Skin is supple and clean. It is bit pricey but it is worth it. It does last a very long time.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Trusted Contributor

The only cleansers that don't leave my skin feeling dry, tight and parched are oil cleansers. I rotate the brands as they all seem quite similar to me. I do prefer those with a tad thicker consistency and they are not as easy to find.

The nice benefit to oil cleansers, imo anyway, is that they remove even the toughest makeup (incl eye m/u) without the slightest need for tugging or excessive rubbing. They just melt off.

Esteemed Contributor

To me, a cleanser is a cleanser is a cleanser, so long as it gets my face totally clean. I'm not really faithful to one brand, but I have a few favorites and rotate them: Clean&Clear Morning Burst (in the shower), Neutrogena foaming cleanser, Alpha Hydrox foaming cleanser, and the Skinn AM/PM cleansers when I can get a good sale.

(a dermatologist once told me that "if it foams, it exfoliates")

Oddly enough, I tried Purity several years ago and didn't like it because it never removed all my make up. It must work better on other faces!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I use all of Elizabeth Grants face care from Shophq...(although the Canadian shopping channel has a much better stock of her line, but can't order from their)...I got her new oil cleanser in a kit she had and it is awesome..I think right now you can order it from her webite, shophq sold out of the kit she had it in, hoping they bring the kit back again!

Valued Contributor

Simple cleanser. It is the same consistency as purity...no aroma.

Honored Contributor
On 6/21/2014 EGW said:

Simple cleanser. It is the same consistency as purity...no aroma.

I use Simple cleanser, too. I really like it. I haven't been able to find out if they test on animals or not. I'm going to e-mail them, and if they do I'll need to switch to something else. Overall, though, I like it as well as anything I've ever used. I used Purity for a long time and Dr. Denese.

Edited to add: I see where Simple (Unilever) says they are committed to not testing on animals. However, they do test a little bit. They are working to eliminate it. Guess I'll have to switch brands.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor
CeraVe. Was a Purity fanatic for years then the derm told me to use CeraVe. One of the best changes I've made. Inexpensive and drugstore available. Doesn't bother my rosacea.
Honored Contributor

I like SSC, either the A or C. I also like the Simple Gel Cleanser from the drugstore.

Super Contributor

I've used many facial cleansers including Purity which was too harsh. My BFs and I are trying CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and loving it and loving the price.