Super Contributor

Best Eyeshadow In The World, Regardless of Price?

In your opinion or to your knowledge, who makes the best eyeshadow in the world? I'm not talking about whether it's practical or not in terms of price. I'm literally talking about manufacturers worldwide. Just wondering what you think THE BEST brand is?

In the eighties I used Christian Dior. They sold a small, three-color palette. It was creamy (not creamy powder - it literally was cream) and there were three circles of different colored shadow. I used my fingers to put it on and it was a dream.

I'm older now and daydreaming about how wonderful that eyeshadow was. I have several cream shadow sticks but they don't compare to the Christian Dior palette - which was about $60 - expensive for three colors in the 80's.

What's your opinion of THE BEST eyeshadow, sold ANYWHERE?

Regular Contributor

Re: Best Eyeshadow In The World, Regardless of Price?

MAC makes some really great ones. I always used Clinique but they started discontinuing all the colors I liked, so I moved on.

Honored Contributor

What I think is the best eye shadow in the world ... I made myself.

I had all sorts of "wrong" cake eye shadow colors -  (every brand you ever heard of) that I had been collecting over the years. 

One day when I was cleaning out my makeup box - I thought what do I have to lose - I can't use them the way they are.

I crushed them all and mixed them together and it turned out to be the perfect smokey shade.

And - it also is a great eye brow color.

(I did the same thing with all my "wrong" blushes.)

Valued Contributor

Laura Geller!! I love each and every pallet she comes out with! Some are for every day, some are for night, but I am never disappointed with her pallets <3!!

Super Contributor

Morphe- in one word , AMAZING!  A Huge palette under 25 dollars. There is virtually no fallout , creamy pigmented wonderful!

Do not be afraid of the colors! My daughter bought me 2 palettes for Christmas because she knows I collect palettes, and believe me , I’ve tried them all.. One matte and one shimmer. I had never used the brand. When I opened the package and saw the colors- very strong terra cottas and others , I said no way! They will probably look garish or too youthful But I tried them and was blown away. I guess because these ar colors shown in nature they look incredibly natural. However, you can easily do a evening or dramatic eye. I’m a young feeling and young looking 64.

Jaclyn Hill - a you tube makeup artist is the creator.  

Super Contributor

Does anyone make a cream eyeshadow palette?

Trusted Contributor

I'd have to say my favorite brand is Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH).  Their shadows are on the soft side so you have to be gentle with the brush and tap off any excess, but they have so many beautiful colors and they perform so well.  They are easy to blend and they last all day.  The mattes and the shimmers are gorgeous.  Love their palettes and their single shadows.

Honored Contributor

I know you said you had tried a cream eyeshadow stick and didn't like it, but I love Bobbi Brown's.  BB also makes a cream eyeshadow in a pot, but I haven't tried it.  Her eyeshadow sticks are all I use anymore.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@Mermaid22 wrote:

Morphe- in one word , AMAZING!  A Huge palette under 25 dollars. There is virtually no fallout , creamy pigmented wonderful!

Jaclyn Hill - a you tube makeup artist is the creator.  

I have a few Morphe palettes and the original Jaclyn Hill is the best, I think.  Lots of gorgeous colors and you can't beat the price.  I also have the 35O, 35P and Jaclyn's Vault collection and don't like any of them as much as her original.

@Mermaid22 if you're ever looking for some tutuorials on different looks with the palette, check out Angela Bright on YouTube.  She does awesome eye looks and has a ton with Jaclyn's palette.

Super Contributor

@NickNack

Bobbi Brown is one of the few brands I've never tried! I'll give it a shot. Smiley Happy