Trusted Contributor

Re: Best Drugstore Anti-Aging Skincare line

Neutrogena makes a good retinol serum. I used it for a long time with good results before switching to Retin-A. CeraVe moisturizer does a great job of keeping my skin hydrated (I'm oily and it doesn't break me out -- I think it works well for many skin types), and I also use the CeraVe hydrating cleanser in the a.m. and love the way it rinses off quickly and easily with no residue left behind.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/22/2014 crush said:

I haven't tried it personally, but a dermatologist told me a few years ago that the Olay Regenerist line was the one he'd recommend as far as an over-the-counter line. He said (of course) that retinol was one of the best things to topically apply to your skin that really makes a difference, but that's prescription.

To avoid confusion, Retinol is available in many products without a prescription. It is Retin A that needs a prescription.

CeeCee

Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks Goldie!

If you ever have the chance to try Olay Regenerist Night Cream, go for it. I think you will fall in love.

JLF, the Alpha Hydrox, is that the same one that was in the white bottle with the red cap? I used that in my 20s. I didn't know it was still around.

HoneyBrown, the one I was referring to is the Walgreen's Brand. Its studio 35 Alpha Hydroxy Cream 8%...Its a plastic jar with a black cap, 4oz. for 8 & change. You really have to search for it as they have it on the bottom shelf. Not sure if you want that percentage but its a good starter chemical exfoliater. If your interested & can't find it at your local Walgreens, they sell it on their website.
I have since looked up some reviews on youtube which were positive. Altho I haven't tryed it myself...

Respected Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Goldie76 said:

I agree with the choice of Olay Regenerist.

Ever since department store brands have left my face stinging and red-looking, I keep returning to Olay.

For several weeks I have been using their new "Olay Regenerist Superstructure Cream with Sunscreen SPF30" and have found it gentle, soothing and good at coaxing a vibrant tone without making me light up like a chili pepper. My skin is very sensitive to harsh ingredients and I have, like many of you, old bottles of promise that never paid off strewn in my medicine cabinets. (I've been tossing them out.)

At night, I use their plain and simple "Night of Olay" cream -- no Regenerist or anything in it. My skin needs to rest but be moisturized.

I remove my makeup with Pond's cold cream, which I have used faithfully since I was 12 years old. Never, ever strayed.

When it was available, I used Phisoderm to cleanse my facial skin, but the brand departed from the market. Now, I keep trying to find its replacement, but I have never found anything I like as much as good ol' PH-balanced Phisoderm.

Phisoderm is sold on Amazon. It's in a different bottle though from long ago.

Trusted Contributor

I have friends who are trying the ""Yes To"" brand

Esteemed Contributor

@kabella, thanks! I'm looking into the body products from Alpha Hydrox. I'm not straying from Olay for my face.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I neither use anti-aging nor drugstore products. But ROC has consistently been reviewed as a great product.