Valued Contributor

Re: Best Cleanser that's gentle but won't break the bank

Cetaphil or CeraVe. We seem to always have one in the house. My DH uses it every night. For me I prefer something more moisturizing. But in a pinch, and for low-maintenance skin like my DH's, I think it's fine.Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Pond's cold cream cleanser

Honored Contributor

Cetaphil (or the store brand version). I use it to moisturize my body after showering, too. Dries fast and moisturizes without being greasy. Works very well on legs, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I like Paula's Choice Earth Sourced gel cleanser or an even better bargain is Shea Moisture Baby Shampoo/Body Washes. Both Walgreens and CVS carry them and they often have sales on them.

Honored Contributor

My first choice is Ole Henriksen's African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser, which I tried in his discovery kit and fell in love with ... moisturizing, gentle and smells divine .... a very light mandarin orange, I'd call it. Since then, I've bought the 1.5 oz on ebay if the 7 oz isn't available. It comes out of the pump bottle a lovely foam and lasts forever! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

My second choice would be Dove Liquid soap ... the Sensitive version. A large bottle costs about 8 bucks.

Super Contributor

On 7/28/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil. I buy it on Amazon. It cleans thoroughly and gets all my eye makeup off, but leaves my face soft and not at all tight. You only need a couple of pumps so the bottle lasts a long time.

Here's another vote for Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil. Although I don't often wear makeup, I take great care of my skin (always have), so my use of this product is purely for cleansing. This is the first cleansing oil I've tried - so satisfied I'm not going to change. I use about 1.5 pumps, massage it all over my face, add a bit of water so it firms a very light cream. Then rinse with water. It leaves my skin soft, not tight like so many other cleansers do. Very happy with it.

Thank you for the tip, JeanLouiseFinch!!

Honored Contributor

On 7/28/2014 F1wild said:
On 7/28/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil. I buy it on Amazon. It cleans thoroughly and gets all my eye makeup off, but leaves my face soft and not at all tight. You only need a couple of pumps so the bottle lasts a long time.

Here's another vote for Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil. Although I don't often wear makeup, I take great care of my skin (always have), so my use of this product is purely for cleansing. This is the first cleansing oil I've tried - so satisfied I'm not going to change. I use about 1.5 pumps, massage it all over my face, add a bit of water so it firms a very light cream. Then rinse with water. It leaves my skin soft, not tight like so many other cleansers do. Very happy with it.

Thank you for the tip, JeanLouiseFinch!!

You bet! Glad you're as pleased as I am with it!

Valued Contributor

On 7/28/2014 OCGurl said: Another vote for Dove Beauty Bar in Pink. I love the smell and it cleans great & leaves skin soft & moisturizers. We love it in the shower too.

Another vote for Dove Beauty Bar! I use the one that is labeled Sensitive Skin. And my derm gives it a two thumbs up! I use the Dove Sensitive Shower Wash as well.

Frequent Contributor

SKINN cleanser. I got an 8 oz pump container on Ebay from a Canadian seller. It will likley last me nearly a year. I am in my 7th month and have about one-third left. A little goes a long way. I use it in the evenings though. If used twice a day it won't last as long.

Doesn't dry (stopped using Philosophy Purity because it dried my skin), removes make-up and is certainly anti-aging.

Honored Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Poppet1 said:
On 7/28/2014 KatCat1 said:

I have been using Neutrogena's Pore Refining facial cleanser. Will not dry out your skin. Leaves skin very clean and soft. Under $10. I used other cleansers but they would leave a film in the sink so I thought I would give Neutrogena a try & it has alpha hydroxy that all the ladies on the board rave about.

Hi KatCat1! Will this remove eyemake up as well?

No. I would use the Neutrogena wipes for that. I purchased the wipes on a whim. They remove eye makeup without burning your eyes. I was impressed. My skin is on the sensitive side so the facial wash was a pleasant surprise & the wipes too. Good luck.

kindness is strength