Trusted Contributor

Best Advise You Received From This Beauty Forum

What is the best advise/products you've received from your friends here on the Beauty Forums?  For me:

1) Kenra Volume Hair Spray 25

2) Dr. Mascara Fixer

3) Beekman Body Wash

4) Bobbi Brown Face Base

5) Shiseido Eye Lash Curler

I'm so happy I learned about these products.  I love them all, but I don't know whether I would of ever found them if it had not been for this forum - thank you!

Regular Contributor

Re: Best Advise You Received From This Beauty Forum

To specifically use your facial exfoliant on your eyebrows - especially the ends.

Whether I use and AHA/BHA, reinol cream or regular facial scrub - I always remember to do the brow ends.

Thanks to whom ever mentioned it first!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone recommended a hair device, the voloomizer (I forget the exact word), and it has been life chaninging for my thin straight hair that has NO volume. I bought it on Amazon and I am tempted to buy another as backup in case anything ever happens to mine. It works kind of like a crimping device.....but once you get the hang of it, it is amazing. I learned about it here.

Respected Contributor

Trader Joe’s Nourish shampoo and conditioner 

I first learned here that in dry climates, hyaluronic acid pulls moisture from your skin. I don’t use it unless it’s down the ingredient list and then I’m usually ok.

Respected Contributor

@clarika wrote:

To specifically use your facial exfoliant on your eyebrows - especially the ends.

Whether I use and AHA/BHA, reinol cream or regular facial scrub - I always remember to do the brow ends.

Thanks to whom ever mentioned it first

———————

I’ve never heard that. What is the benefit? And by ends, do you mean the tails of your brow or throughout? So many questions LOL.

Trusted Contributor

Aquage haiir gel! Hands down great product!

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Someone recommended a hair device, the voloomizer (I forget the exact word), and it has been life chaninging for my thin straight hair that has NO volume. I bought it on Amazon and I am tempted to buy another as backup in case anything ever happens to mine. It works kind of like a crimping device.....but once you get the hang of it, it is amazing. I learned about it here.

@Goldengate8361 

That was probably me. I LOVE the Voloom! In fact I have all three sizes. Best thing ever invented for thin straight hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @SilleeMee !!! It probably was you. I love this device---and I never would have known about -except from here. My hair looks MUCH better - thanks to you. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

1.  ButterLondon Serum Eyeshadow 

2.  Kenra 25 Hairspray

3.  Aquage thickening spray gel

4.  Becca highlighter in pearl

I am sure there are others, but these 4 came to mind right away.  

@SilleeMee You mentioned you have all three sizes of the Voloom.  Do you mind sharing which is your favorite?  I have the 'Rootie', but am tempted to get the original one.  I have shoulder length hair.  Do you think it would be worth purchasing?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@SilleeMee You mentioned you have all three sizes of the Voloom.  Do you mind sharing which is your favorite?  I have the 'Rootie', but am tempted to get the original one.  I have shoulder length hair.  Do you think it would be worth purchasing?  Thanks!

@Swedishmiss 

I think the Petite Voloom would work great for your shoulder-length hair. The Petite has the same size nubs as the Classic but there are less of them on the plates and that makes it easier to do shorter hair plus it's a lot easier to hold on to and maneuver.  My hair is long, almost down to my bra strap in the back, so I like to use the Classic version the most. I like to use the Rootie for touch-ups. The Rootie has the smallest size nubs and plates...smaller than the other two versions.