Honored Contributor

Re: Berkman 1802 bounty box question

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I purchased two of the December Bounty Boxes.  To me, the term "lotion" means a thinner product, as opposed to a body cream, butter, or balm.  I have no problem with the consistency of the Beekman body lotions because they've labeled it accurately and didn't call it a body cream.  I'm very happy with the body lotions I've received.

Agreed- body lotions always refer to much thinner products than body butters or creams. I have only tried one of the body lotion and it is thinner, exactly what I expected from a body lotion.  I love the scent but I don't think I'd ever buy their body lotions on their own since I have many other body lotions and butters and creams I like better but would use them if they came in a kit I want, like their bounty boxes.

Contributor

Thank you happydaze!
Contributor

I also purchased the Bounty Box. I love the fragrance of this one. The only thing I was disappointed in is the Mineral Oil in the Body Lotion. Not a fan of it or petro products. The lotion has always been thin. I have to be careful when I use the hand cream because it's so thin too much comes out.

Contributor

Marleespal, I like the scent as well. Thank you for the info about the hand lotion...i will likely give it away as I like my hand lotions thicker. I'm currently using the body lotion as my hand lotion.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marleespal wrote:

I also purchased the Bounty Box. I love the fragrance of this one. The only thing I was disappointed in is the Mineral Oil in the Body Lotion. Not a fan of it or petro products. The lotion has always been thin. I have to be careful when I use the hand cream because it's so thin too much comes out.

If you bought hand creams previously they had different ingredients then the body lotion. The hand cream did not have mineral oil in it. Now they put the same formula of the body lotion in the hand cream tubes. So the hand cream & body lotion now have the same ingredients. 

Just so you know that if you buy their hand cream now it also has mineral oil in it. I won't be buying their hand cream or body lotion. I get stuck with their lotion with they sell it in a kit like the bounty box TTV.

Honored Contributor

@luvinlife wrote:
Gotcha! Thank you nightowlz for clearing that up! I haven't tried the hand lotion yet. If it's thinner than the body lotion, I probably will not end up liking it. I like thicker hand lotions as well.

No need to try their hand cream/lotion now as the ingredients are now the same as what's in the body lotion.

Contributor

Thank you nightowlz! That's so disappointing to hear. 😫 Why do they do that?!? I'm giving away my hand lotion ...aka body lotion.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that information @Nightowlz.  I really like the body lotion...it actually had an accumulative effect on me. 

I was going to jump on the hand cream set that is back in stock after the 1st Anniversary "rush", but now I don't plan to since I have enough of the body lotion right now.

Honored Contributor

Thick or thin aside I like how the hand cream absorbs so quickly leaving your hands very silky.

Seems it does what it's supposed to do!

Respected Contributor

I love their products as well, but wrote to them to ask if they would consider producing their lotions, etc without mineral oil.  I also mentioned that for products touted with goats milk benefits, that I was disappointed to see that in some products it is the very  last ingredient. I love their soaps, and use their hand wash and lotions, so I hope they'll read my message.  Enjoy your items.