Honored Contributor

Re: Benefit's They're Real tinted PRIMER - anyone try this?

Just wanted to follow up with my impressions of this if anyone is interested.

I am not really blown away by this product. It is okay but I was hoping that if I used an eyelash curler, the primer would help keep them curled but it does not. And maybe I shouldn't have expected it to? I have long lashes that like to lay flat so I need something to keep the curl. After I apply this, my lashes fall flat again.

I tried it under the Roller mascara and under Paula's Choice Fantastic mascara and it was fine. Nothing amazing or better than other black primers I've used. It did make my lashes look thicker but that is something I don't necessarily really need or want.

I noticed that I had a bit of issue with my mascara clumping when applying this over the primer, which my mascara normally does not do, so I wasn't real happy about that. It wasn't too bad but I like simple, quick routines without alot of fuss and if I have to use my lash comb to clean up or seperate my lashes after mascara then it bothers me, lol.

Anyway, it is something I don't plan on purchasing. So happy I got to try a sample of it first.

Valued Contributor

I tried this primer and think it works well, at least for me.  I've tried it under Benefit's Roller Lash and the They're Real mascara, as well as Cover Girl Lash Blast, and have found that it improves all of them. YMMV and all that.

Oh, and I don't care what color the primer is, as long as it's not white!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

Birchbox? How do you know you're getting the sample? Is it one of our selections next month?

I have the primer cuz I bought the Benefit TS but I haven't opened it yet..

Love my Gimme Brow though!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

Birchbox? How do you know you're getting the sample? Is it one of our selections next month?

are you asking me? If so, I can see what my box has before I get it by looking on my account and changing the URL to the current month. It is a little cheat. I know some people's box change from what was originally shown to what they actually get but my never have and that is pretty rare. I got my primer in my December box. It was not a sample choice we could pick, just a random luck of the draw.

I just got a deluxe sample of the Gimme Brow as part of my mystery two pack sample I got free with my last birchbox order so glad to hear you like it. I will have to give it a try. I have a hard time finding good brow products. My brows are getting so light so I really want something for them but most turn a funky, unnatural  color that aren't even close to what my natural brows looked like.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

are you asking me? If so, I can see what my box has before I get it by looking on my account and changing the URL to the current month. It is a little cheat. I know some people's box change from what was originally shown to what they actually get but my never have and that is pretty rare. I got my primer in my December box. It was not a sample choice we could pick, just a random luck of the draw.

Apparently we're getting different boxes...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

There are anywhere from 40-60 different versions of the boxes every month. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

There are anywhere from 40-60 different versions of the boxes every month. Smiley Happy

I'm getting ipsy and birchbox (they run together in my brain). Dermstore is starting up the boxes again and Beautylish has their yearly 'lucky' box for $75.00. It's actually pretty good. Received Kevin Accouin eyeshadows and a Wayne Goss brush..Debating whether or not to do it again..

Regular Contributor

I received a sample of the primer in a Sephora order and have tried it twice.  I like it, but I don't think it's enough on my lashes as a stand-alone product.  I do like it under another mascara, however.  I have tried it under Maybelline's Full & Soft and it does add some length and volume for me.  I'm not sure if I'll purchase the full size or not.  I don't always like to take the time for two steps.