Respected Contributor

Re: Benefit has a TSV on HSN today 4/6 2017

I saw the demo briefly & the Cal. blush is very pigmentated. I tested it at Ulta....But they  applied it on air so heavily that it did look clownish! The gold that is sprayed on & disapears quickly with reg. use, so if some one wants that golden pink glow, they get fooled by the way its presented which is not fair for the consumer. I was told this by the SA at Ulta.                                                                                                                                                        The products I do have & would repurchase from Benefit is their blush Coralista such a pretty peachy pink & not too shimmery.....Hoola matte powder bronzer.is my favorite cool toned Bronzer....Love the new Hoola cream to Powder stick contour, not cool or warm but when its blended out, its more neutral & very easy to blend.

Respected Contributor

Oh great!!!    I missed the presentation and bought this Benefit set.  Not to insult a clown,  just call me "Baby Jane."  Now you know what happened to her.

Honored Contributor

I liked the T.S.  I didn't think it was a great value.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella wrote:

I saw the demo briefly & the Cal. blush is very pigmentated. I tested it at Ulta....But they  applied it on air so heavily that it did look clownish! The gold that is sprayed on & disapears quickly with reg. use, so if some one wants that golden pink glow, they get fooled by the way its presented which is not fair for the consumer. I was told this by the SA at Ulta.                                                                                                                                                        The products I do have & would repurchase from Benefit is their blush Coralista such a pretty peachy pink & not too shimmery.....Hoola matte powder bronzer.is my favorite cool toned Bronzer....Love the new Hoola cream to Powder stick contour, not cool or warm but when its blended out, its more neutral & very easy to blend.

Hi @Kabella,

I agree-- Coralista is a gorgeous shade..  Even at my palest, unfortunately it doesn't show up on my skin... same as Nars O.   I inherited my maternal side darker olive skintone and tan easily wearing sunblock.  I love Hoola matte in the box and still have one  I bought 15 years ago.  Hoola powder rocks!.  I was thinking the Hoola stick might be too light for contouring... After your review, I'm tempted to try it at the counter. The new Hoola Light would work as a regular powder for me. 

I'll let you all know if I can make the Baby Jane blush work for me.  Wish I'd seen the presentation, but it looked more pigmented than some of the other Benefit blush shades--  which my skin requires..  Maybe with a light hand it'll be OK. Smiley Frustrated

What's odd is I can wear the now discontinued Nars Penny Lane which was a beautiful

glitter-free peachy pink cream on the light side.  I did use it more as a highlighter, but it was just as beautiful on its own.  Sad it can't be found any longer. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I used to love their TSV's when they included the large shadow palette.  Now they seem to favor Sephora with that item.  I can't use the Gimme Brow because my brows have just disappeared, so I tend to buy their mechanical eyebrow pencil (sadly they discontinued the wood one) and They're Real Mascara.  I can't use their blushes in the cardboard box.  They don't hold up for travel over time.  I'm sure they did this for environmental reasons but it just doesn't work for me. 

Respected Contributor

@Funloving lol! The baby Jane might work out fine for you if you use the right brush & use sparingly. The brush that comes with it is useless because it picks up too much product. As far as the Hoola cream stick, it is so creamy that it can't be pressed too heavily but applied with a light hand....but the thing is, it can be built up which does deepen it. Yes, test it next time your at Ulta, it could work for your skintone with more of a natural look. I apply it lightly as a coutour & love it. Smiley Happy You can use the coralista as a topper if you have a blush that is too deep for you...especially Nars O. for a glow over a matte... I use the hoola matte stick for my eye crease & outer corner, when I use shadow sticks that are shimmery on my lids for a quick more natural look. Yeah, let me know what you thinkSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much, @Kabella!  I'm always looking for a cream contour that stays put but isn't too dry either- where you can blend it properly.

I'll let you know! Heart

Honored Contributor

I just got back from Ulta and they have this new Cheek Parade Bronzer & Blush palette. 

Includes 5 shades to flatter all skintones:
Full size GALifornia (sunny golden pink blush ) (0.17 oz)
Full size Hoola Matte Natural Bronzer (0.28 oz)
Full size Hoola Lite Matte Natural Light Bronzer

Full size Rockateur Rose Gold Blush (0.17 oz)
Full size Dandelion Brightening Baby Pink Blush

Mini Powder Brush: soft, natural-bristle powder Brush

It was $58.  I didn't get it  but still thinking about it.

Respected Contributor

@Funloving oh, your welcome. Another Bronzer that I use with a light hand that I love is TwoFaced Chocolate Solei, but more in the warmer months. I did test the Hoola Lite which is good for light skintones &t it also works well for a natural looking contour even for med. skintones. I didn't purchase because I have Kat Von D's Contour pallette which has a similar shade & a DS that is very good & similar. I have somewhat high cheekbones but still like the effect of naturally contouring.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella wrote:

@Funloving oh, your welcome. Another Bronzer that I use with a light hand that I love is TwoFaced Chocolate Solei, but more in the warmer months. I did test the Hoola Lite which is good for light skintones &t it also works well for a natural looking contour even for med. skintones. I didn't purchase because I have Kat Von D's Contour pallette which has a similar shade & a DS that is very good & similar. I have somewhat high cheekbones but still like the effect of naturally contouring.

Natural contouring is key!!!  I have Chocolate Solei.  I'll try it for contouring.  Good tip @Kabella....

I too own several contour palettes, but not Kat Von D's - I'm bananas for their Shade & Light eye palette.  BTW, you can get this palette new in box on eBay for a song!  All U.S. sellers. There's probably a good contour color on the neutral / cool brown side of the shadow palette.  For the sides of my nose I mostly use Bobbi Brown's Taupe shadow- something I wouldn't have thought of until a BB MUA used it this way-  perfecto for that purpose. Again, light enough- hence very natural.  (Kevyn Aucoin's sculpting powder in Medium is good in summer when I have more color)   Nothing like two very obvious stripes down ones nose with the wrong product.  You probably don't do the nose.. most don't- I always do even if contour goes nowhere else.  My nose has been broken a few times and one side isn't as straight.  I  also have high cheekbone.  SO,  If I take time to do a full face contour I go forehead and jawline bringing it down.  I contour under the cheek bone- just go very lightly and well blended.  Actually I go lightly everywhere - Nothing dramatic.  Now I may test Hoola Light & definitely the contour cream stick.  I have more than enough powders & have been looking for the right contour cream in wearability.