Frequent Contributor

From what I hear, this powder does an amazing job! (and is pricey)

If you use or have used this powder, please leave your opinion on this product.

Where do you purchase Ben Nye Banana Powder? Amazon seems to be the only place I've found.

Thank you in advance,

Have a great day!

Sunshineflower

Honored Contributor

@sunshineflower wrote:

From what I hear, this powder does an amazing job! (and is pricey)

If you use or have used this powder, please leave your opinion on this product.

Where do you purchase Ben Nye Banana Powder? Amazon seems to be the only place I've found.

Thank you in advance,

Have a great day!

Sunshineflower

What a coincidence.  When I was locating some info for Quinny, I learned about this product.  It does sound like something I'd like to try.  I also saw that the NYX brand is very good option and costs less.

Respected Contributor

It looks like vendors on Amazon are overcharging for the powder. The 3.0 oz should be $20.00. Camera Ready Cosmetics is an authorized Ben Nye seller but Amazon is not.

Valued Contributor

@Iwantcoffee, this has been on my radar screen for awhile but I have too many setting powders to justify purchasing it.  Based on my research, I would purchase it from Camera Ready.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Ben Nye Banana Powder

[ Edited ]

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

It looks like vendors on Amazon are overcharging for the powder. The 3.0 oz should be $20.00. Camera Ready Cosmetics is an authorized Ben Nye seller but Amazon is not.

Yep, I'd check places other than Amazon. Some harder to find cult products like this powder are sold at a huge markup by vendors there. You're better off looking at a place that sells theatrical makeup, as Ben Nye is a theatrical cosmetics line.

If you live in a city, check for a local costume, theatrical supply, or dance store. They often carry stage makeup and might carry this item, since it's very popular. I used to get all my Ben Nye and Kryolan cosmetics at a place that sold costumes, leotards, and tutus for dance companies.

Respected Contributor
I agree with Iwantcoffee. I get the Cameo Lux powder because I'm so fair, but the banana works well for anyone medium to dark,dark. The powders are super fine and come in a huge jar. I put some in an old Bare Minerals jar for daily use. It is my go to setting powder for my oily skin.