Honored Contributor

Re: Belle by Kim Gravel Beauty Heartbreak

[ Edited ]

Press down on the pump and as it comes back up put your finger over the hole. Try repeating that and see if anything will come out. There might be an air bubble inside the pump. Also try shaking it down (like you would a thermometer)...product might be stuck  up and away from the pump tube.

@Icegoddess 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Press down on the pump and as it comes back up put your finger over the hole. Try repeating that and see if anything will come out. There might be an air bubble inside the pump. Also try shaking it down (like you would a thermometer)...product might be stuck  up and away from the pump tube.

@Icegoddess 

@SilleeMee I just tried that and it didn't work.  However, after doing that and actually sucking and blowing on it (I know, gross) and combining all three,  I finally got a bit to come out.  We'll see if that works long term. I don't plan to suck on it any more now that there is stuff in the pump head.  FYI, I had already tried the sucking on it prior, so it's possible your trick helped it to work. 

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Amazon has some strange 3rd party vendors from my experience.

@skatting44 , agree.  You have to really watch for fakes on Amazon producs.  I got a fake AmLactin lotion from them. Who would ever think to fake that? 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess 

@SilleeMee I just tried that and it didn't work.  However, after doing that and actually sucking and blowing on it (I know, gross) and combining all three,  I finally got a bit to come out.  We'll see if that works long term. I don't plan to suck on it any more now that there is stuff in the pump head.  FYI, I had already tried the sucking on it prior, so it's possible your trick helped it to work. 

@Icegoddess , next time, try standing on your head while you do this.  Woman LOL  Sorry but this just made me laugh.  I would think if you have to go through all that, they need to design better packaging.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Update:  Today I received a couple of small packages in the mail.  I figured they were both seeds that I had ordered on Saturday, but one of the packages had a return address of Hardee Girl in GA.  I knew I didn't order any seeds from that company.  It was my replacement concealer, and they sent 2 instead of the 1 with a sponge I have gotten in the past.  I never use that sponge anyways, so I was quite pleased.  I did not test them to make sure they worked.  I'll cross that bridge when I need to.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@skatting44 , agree.  You have to really watch for fakes on Amazon producs.  I got a fake AmLactin lotion from them. Who would ever think to fake that? 

How do you know a product is fake?  I hear so much about that, so, with regards to cosmetics, I only buy products I know because I could then tell if the performance was the same.

But I am wondering now if some of my purchases are counterfeit.  Before the pandemic, I always used Lysol or Clorox disinfecting wipes that come in canisters, a convenient way to keep things disinfected.  But after March 2020, I could no longer find the products in the stores.  I found some on Amazon that were packaged differently, in a plastic bag with a dispensing hard plastic cover, similar to pampers wipes.  I have never seen this packaging in stores, but I know Amazon sells stuff from different matkets/countries that are sometimes packaged differently.  Or possibly clorox was now using diffferent packaging.

I have begun finding clorox wipes in the stores, and they are again in canisters, with new labels.

Does anyone know whether the wipes I bought in Amazon are counterfeit.  They smell and clean the same, but whether they disinfect or not, I can't tell.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva @skatting44 It appears that what I received was the real deal, not a fake or counterfeit.  It was the same packagaing, and had it been a fake I wouldn't expect Belle to replace it for me. One of the reasons I contacted Belle was so that they could possibly get the seller shut down if they were selling counterfeit goods.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

How do you know a product is fake?  I hear so much about that, so, with regards to cosmetics, I only buy products I know because I could then tell if the performance was the same.

But I am wondering now if some of my purchases are counterfeit.  Before the pandemic, I always used Lysol or Clorox disinfecting wipes that come in canisters, a convenient way to keep things disinfected.  But after March 2020, I could no longer find the products in the stores.  I found some on Amazon that were packaged differently, in a plastic bag with a dispensing hard plastic cover, similar to pampers wipes.  I have never seen this packaging in stores, but I know Amazon sells stuff from different matkets/countries that are sometimes packaged differently.  Or possibly clorox was now using diffferent packaging.

I have begun finding clorox wipes in the stores, and they are again in canisters, with new labels.

Does anyone know whether the wipes I bought in Amazon are counterfeit.  They smell and clean the same, but whether they disinfect or not, I can't tell.

@NYCLatinaMe , in my case, my product seemed off.  The consistency of the lotion wasn't the same, nor was the smell.  And then it didn't work for me at all.  This is my go to lotion for keeping away the chicken skin on the back of my upper arms.  This lotion didn't do anything for it and my arms were back to rough and bumpy.

I decided to buy another at Target and from the first use, there was a noticeable difference in my skin.  It went right back to being smooth.  I went back to Amazon and started to see reviews about the product being a fake.  Had this been just any lotion and not one that performed a specific task on my skin, I probably would never have known.

Oh and I also got a bogus TIGI hairspray too.  The smell was totally different and I swear it was water that was spraying out.  I should have known when it was like a third of the price.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva Thanks.  At least Amazon has great customer service and makes returns fairly easy.